|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2 door muscle car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Truffade (HD Universe)|
The vehicle appears in the Downtown, Residential and Industrial Districts of Anywhere City in GTA 2. It gives a silenced machine gun when crushed. The Z-Type is inspired by the Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic.
- "Weather the new Great Depression with a car from the last Great Depression. When this rolled off the production line in 1937, minorities and women knew their place. It was the world's fastest automobile. Now it's the world's most expensive second-hand automobile. One of only 10 ever made, the Z-Type is a car you can really enjoy sitting in, surrounded by armed guards, too terrified to actually drive it anywhere."
- ―Legendary Motorsport webpage
The 1937 Z-Type can be bought for $10,000,000 from Legendarymotorsport.net. According to Devin Weston and Legendarymotorsport.net only 10 Z-Types were made - hence the high price tag. It is the most expensive land vehicle to appear in the GTA Series.
The car has a very characteristic handling that results in it's ability to calmly accelerate and easily weave through light traffic. This gives the player the impression that it is a relatively easy car to drive, but it is also prone to sudden and unexpected spinouts upon cornering at any speed. What may seem like a controlled drive down the windy roads in Vinewood Hills can suddenly take a turn for the worse and the car will be sent flying off the road and down the mountain. Counter-steering is extremely difficult.
Devin Weston requests an all-black variant of this car in the mission Eye in the Sky. Trevor and Franklin are tasked with retrieving it from record producer Chad Mulligan who has hidden it so it can't be taken away from him in his divorce. This mission involves using an LSPD camera in a helicopter to identify and track Chad back to the lockup. Franklin on the ground then has to chase Chad as he tries to escape. This lead onto the use of a thermal camera to detect Chad in a parking garage. Once found Franklin takes the car and drives it to Los Santos International Airport where Devin is waiting. One of Devin's men then take the car somewhere else.
- Downtown District:
- Residential District:
- The Village
- Industrial District:
- House Of Guns (parked)
- Can be bought for $10,000,000 from Legendarymotorsport.net in story.
- Can be bought for $950,000 from the same website in GTA Online.
- May rarely spawn at the strip club car park.
- The Z-Type is the most expensive car in GTA V, at $10 million dollars.
- The Z-Type is one of the oldest cars in GTA V, along with the Hotknife, the Duneloader and the Rat Loader.
- It is possible to buy more than 9 Z-Types even though Devin Weston claims that there is only 10 in existence and Devin himself owns one.
- Aside from service and emergency vehicles, the Z-Type, Stallion, and Tour Bus are the only vehicles from the 2D Universe to appear in the HD Universe.