|Type:||Music Identification System|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Not to be confused with ZIP
- "A commercial mobile phone based music identification service that also helps the government spy on you."
- ―bawsaq.com description
This system allows players to identify any song currently playing on their car radio by dialing 948-555-0100 (ZIT-555-0100); an automated message from Lazlow will ask the protagonist to let him hear the song. They will then receive a text message providing the name of the song and the artist. If signed up to the Rockstar Games Social Club, the player will also receive a real e-mail titled New Song From ZiT at Rockstar Games Social Club with the name of the song, artist and a link to iTunes. The song then will be saved in a ZiT Player to give a preview.
ZiT has an advertisement that can be heard in most radio stations in GTA IV and seen throughout various bus stops..
Announcer: Isn't it annoying when you hear a great song on the radio in Liberty City but the idiot DJ doesn't tell you who it is?
Male voice: Who was that?
Announcer: Find out the artist and the name of any song on the radio using ZiT.
Male voice: ZiT.
Announcer: The remarkable new service. Call us!
Second male voice: And we'll tell you what you're listening to based on a complicated listening system that also helps the government spy on you.
Third male voice: Go!
Announcer: Just dial ZIT-555-0100.
Female voice: 948-555-0100.
Announcer: And follow the instructions from our needy, washed-up celebrity.
Second male voice: So simple even a spotty teenager can do it.
Announcer: ZiT. Because we'll spot the record for you.
- ZiT cannot identify talk show segments or user music.
- ZiT is similar to the real life Shazam app.
- ZiT also helps the government spy on the people who use it.
- ZiT does not appear in GTA V due to the new radio wheel which features shows the names of the song the stations are currently playing.
- When the player downloads the DLC versions of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, the radio stations will be updated to include both the music from GTA IV, as well as the new music included with the DLCs. However, if the player calls ZiT in GTA IV to identify a song from TLAD or TBOGT, it will fail to identify the song that is playing, but if they call ZiT in any of the two episodes to identify a song from the original game, it will successfully do so.