Catalina arrives at the meet. She kisses her new lover, as Carl notices her. Catalina complains about what Carl is doing; racing instead of treating her well, after what she had done for him. Carl argues that it's Catalina's fault, saying it's 'just business'. However, Catalina actually meant that she had feelings for him. Carl contradicts that he raced for the both of them, trying to fix relations between the two. However, Catalina already has another lover, Claude. She then challenges Carl to a race, wanting to prove that Carl is jealous and a coward.
Carl and Catalina hop on their respective vehicles as the race starts. Carl speedily traverses to different areas of Red County until he reaches the finish line near the town of Montgomery first. As Catalina and Claude reach the finish line, she complains that Carl had an advantage. Anyhow, Carl asks what his reward is, thinking it would either be a pink slip or money. What she gives him, however, is a deed to a garage in San Fierro, infuriating Carl. They need Claude's vehicle, as they will go off to Liberty City, and after another light argument, Catalina and Claude eventually leave.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race
- Though Cesar is the boss of the mission, he is never seen or heard at all in the mission.
- No matter what vehicle Carl brings to the mission, he will race in a ZR-350 modded with off-road tires, suiting the terrain of the track. Unfortunately the vehicle has very poor handling, and a tendency to spin out and flip over at the slightest provocation. This also means that whatever vehicle Carl brings is lost.
- The race path is essentially the same as in the mission Wu Zi Mu, only reversed.
- The post-mission phone call is a reference to the movie Pulp Fiction.
- The race path is also used in the race Badlands B.
- For those unable to complete the racing portion of the mission while being chased, it's possible to set up an ambush for the three other cars using satchel charges, destroying the vehicles and allowing you to finish the race at a snail's pace, if desired.