Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Rollback Rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
At this time the community has not decided how to handle Bureaucratship, and there is no method of requesting a promotion to Bureaucrat. Requests for Oversight and Checkuser must be done at Wikia Central (and they'll probably be declined).
Rollback is a tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, move images, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active for four months with no rules violations.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run longer at sysop discretion.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Bunnyjoke - Administrator
I read you guys need more administrators. If you need one, I'm always avalible.
I created two wikis of my own so I do know about wikis and how they work. I know alot about the world of Grand Theft Auto, though, I think I should warn you that I only have GTA: San Andreas, GTA III and GTA IV.
I never really thought of becoming an admin before, but if you guys need help, I'll help. Bunnyjoke 00:39, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Dan the Man 1983 02:42, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - --Owen1983 12:53, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 14:08, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- No - McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 02:14, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Users with admin experience is what is needed here. Dan the Man 1983 02:42, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I am going to go along with your judgement Dan. Because IMV the wiki needs more staff he has experience and he wants to help out he should be promoted - --Owen1983 12:59, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Which other wikis are you talking about? Being an admin on another wiki doesn't necessarily indicate competence since Wikia will create one for anyone who asks. I'd be happy to change my no to a yes if you actually are a competent admin, I just want to see for myself. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 02:14, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- He states them on Tom's talk page. If you do change your mind, change it soon, this request closes in a couple of days. Dan the Man 1983 04:34, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
User:Dan the Man 1983 - Administrator
Hi, I am requesting adminship on here since there is a lack of them on this wiki. I am an experienced wiki user and I am a Bureaucrat at two other wiki, a Manager on wikianswers and an Admin on Islam wiki.
I also have a lot of knowledge on GTA as I own all of the games. Dan the Man 1983 16:07, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - --WikisEditor 16:23, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 20:22, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Crescendospectredragon 19:37, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I saw how you operat Bully Wiki, and I think your qualified.--WikisEditor 16:23, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- We have a bit of history on wikia and i know your an experienced user and a good editor so i think you'd be a good admin here. Tom Talk 20:24, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Ever since I had the opportunity to become very important in helping people out on this site, I started working on 4 wikis and I became an administrator on the Choro Q Wiki and then I found the Midnight Club wiki which has never been completely a success but I would roll in to help out, so I will be the best person to pick as an administrator for this wiki since I enjoyed looking around at these pages. Crescendospectredragon 19:34, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Well make a request like I have, and members will vote yes or no. Dan the Man 1983 19:41, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
User:Crescendospectredragon - Administrator
Greetings and good evening, I have worked really hard since my first administration on the Choro Q Wiki, the first wiki where I have decided to search for (and wonder if there is a wiki for that sequel on this site), I am a brilliant editor there since I became administrator the first time and then I will search for other wikis that talk about games that I have knowledge about, now I know lots of things and got all the Grand Theft Auto games. I am a Administrator on Choro Q wiki, a standard-ranking user on The Simpsons wiki and Banjo-Kazooie wiki and even this wiki.
Now that I am being chosen for a promotion by a calculating chance of a vote, I will wish that I will be the best choice to be as the administrator of this wiki and I really do kindly appreciate it if you vote for me as I wish myself good luck. Crescendospectredragon 19:52, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Dan the Man 1983 20:00, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - --WikisEditor 21:04, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 12:43, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
I do not know this user, but we need a few more admins. Dan the Man 1983 20:00, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
We need staff around here.--WikisEditor 21:04, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Tom, make a decision soon, cause I am about to close this. Voting usually lasts 3 to 5 days and this has gone on for over two weeks. Dan the Man 1983 21:48, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
User:McJeff - Administrator
Hi. I'm requesting adminship on this wikia.
I was invited to apply for adminship over on Bully Wiki, where I'm a bureaucrat, by WikisEditor. I was out of town at the time and mostly inactive across wikia, so it took me a while to respond. However, I've been told there's a lot of work to be done here, that extra admins are needed, and I've had a lot of experience as an administrator. Particularly dealing with abusive sockpuppetry, I understand how rangeblocks work. I'm also good at writing policy pages in "normal English" (as opposed to the very elaborate technical English on Wikipedia and wikia rules pages pasted directly from Wikipedia). I'm also a pretty good content writer. Here is an example of a new article I saved and renovated over on Bully Wiki.
As far as other wikis go, I'm a rollbacker on Zeldapedia, although I don't edit there anymore due to frustration over a lack of clearly defined rules. I'm highly active on EQ2i, although I have no special user rights there.
I'm fairly well acquainted with the GTA series, although I haven't yet played GTAs 1, 2, or Vice City Stories.
Anyone who knows Jeff like I do, knows that he is a very good editor and I can easily vouch for the fact that he would make a good admin. Dan the Man 1983 22:04, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
- He's a good editor and an experienced user and admin, thats exactly what we need so yes. Tom Talk 09:14, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll get in touch with the Wikia staff that deals with promotion on here regarding Jeff and the other dude who was voted in. Dan the Man 1983 10:51, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
User:Mr.Grand Theft - Administrator
Hello i am requsting this because i see that this Wiki is lacking admins and could use some work. I am a very skilled editor and i know what to do with problem's that a Wiki can have becausei have my own on another account. I know a lot about Grand Theft Auto most in particular Grand Theft Auto Sand Andreas. Thank you for your time! =] Mr.Grand Theft
- Undecided - Tom Talk 18:39, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- No - Dan the Man 1983 12:00, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- No for the time being - your edits look fine so far, but as Dan and I can tell you it's a bad idea to give someone the tools based on a good first impression *coughMizucough*. Try again in two months or so and I'll probably say yes. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 18:30, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not really sure about you yet, you've only made 8 main page edits, excluding the wishlist, just keep making high quality edits, which should be no problem if your as good an editor as you say, and I'll get back to you with my vote. Tom Talk 18:46, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- My vote of no is nothing personal. I would like to see more quality edits from you before I change my mind. Dan the Man 1983 12:00, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I think we should put this on hold for a while until you've made more quality edits. Tom Talk 14:44, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Closing this as Failed, with no prejudice against another request in the future. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 14:50, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
Owen1983 - Rollback
- No - Dan the Man 1983 16:44, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- No - Tom Talk 17:10, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- No - McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 22:55, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Your not a bad editor but I can recall times that you've undone edits which have been correct, if you'd of rollbacked those edits I wouldn't of seen your mistake and been able to fix it. Tom Talk 17:10, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- If he gets the tool, he will be told that only to use it when he needs to revert vandalism or stupid edits. Dan the Man 1983 17:44, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I just deleted an article he copied verbatim from Grand Theft Wiki. That's plagiarism, and that's why WikisEditor got desysopped. Based on that and Tom's comments about Owen on MafiaWiki, I don't believe this user has the good judgment required. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 22:57, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Changed my mind per what Tom stated. If you have reverted good edits in the past that have been correct, then you cannot be trusted with the rollback tool. Nothing personal. Dan the Man 1983 14:05, June 9, 2011 (UTC)