Events concerning the Grand Theft Auto series in 1992
- The events of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas unfold.
- An earthquake damages bridges connecting between Flint, Red, and Bone County, leading to its closures for an extended period.
- Ken Rosenberg is sent to Fort Carson, San Andreas by Tommy Vercetti to be rehabilitated.
- OG Loc is sent to prison and he got raped by Freddy.
- Beverly Johnson, is murdered in the Johnson House in a drive-by shooting by the Ballas.
- Carl Johnson returns to San Andreas from Liberty City after hearing of his mother's death.
- Sean Johnson is wounded and arrested in a shootout.
- Grove Street Families territories and turf fall in the hands of the Ballas.
- Claude and Catalina leave San Andreas to perform robberies for 9 years.
- CJ meets and begins working for Mountain Cloud Boys leader Wu Zi Mu.
- The Loco Syndicate disbands after the murder of founding members Jizzy B and T-Bone Mendez at the hands of Carl Johnson.
- OG Loc is released from prison and soon after, briefly, becomes a rap superstar.
- Madd Dogg undergoes rehabilitation for emotional and drug-use issues, but comes back to regain his stardom and wins his first gold record.
- Lance Wilson is killed during a boat chase.
- CJ begins to work for a U.S. federal agent, Mike Toreno.
- The Four Dragons Casino opens for business.
- Johnny Sindacco suffers a heart attack and dies.
- Caligula's Casino is robbed by the Mountain Cloud Boys and Carl Johnson.
- Sweet is finally released from prison as part of an agreement between Mr. Toreno and CJ in exchange for CJ having done work for Mr. Toreno after several weeks.
- Officer Pulaski is killed in a car chase by CJ
- A large-scale riot erupts across the state of San Andreas, including the city of Los Santos, following announcement by Red County District Attorney's Office dropping charges against C.R.A.S.H. member Frank Tenpenny for lack of evidence necessary to convict him.
- Big Smoke is killed in a shootout in his Crack Palace.
- Officer Tenpenny is killed in an automobile accident when his firetruck fell off a bridge in Ganton into Grove Street.
- Soon after the riots, reporter Richard Burns is fired from WCTR News.
- Roger C. Hole is elected mayor of Liberty City.