The business appears in GTA III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto Advance, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. The business is owned by explosives expert 8-Ball, who at one point in 2000 employs Slick at the Portland shop in Liberty City. This shop arms the player's vehicle with a remote, timed and engine ignition bomb which can be triggered using a button. In Grand Theft Auto 1 and in its expansion packs, there are similar shops and they sell only timed bombs.
GTA III and GTA LCS
GTA III, VC and VCS
- Hidden Package
- Harwood, Portland, Liberty City
- Newport, Staunton Island, Liberty City
- Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City
- In GTA III and GTA Advance, each bomb fitted costs $1,000.
- In GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA Vice City Stories, each bomb fitted costs $500.
- The 8-Ball Autos Portland branch in GTA Advance is still in Harwood, but is incorrectly placed in the Portland Beach area.
- The telephone number of 8-Ball Autos in GTA San Andreas is (555) 010012, with 10012 being the zip code of Rockstar Games in New York City.
- Bombs from the business are used in the missions Mike Lips Last Lunch, Bomb Da Base Act II and Kanbu Bust-out (GTA III), Shogun Showdown (optional), Blow up 'Dolls' and Bringing the House Down (GTA Liberty City Stories). There is no actual mission directly using the bomb shop in GTA San Andreas, however the player can optionally choose to have a vehicle outfitted with a bomb at the Los Santos location and set it off where desired; it is available from the beginning of the game.
- The shop in Harwood, Portland serves as the starting location for 8-Ball's missions in GTA Advance.