- "High-penetration, fully-automatic pistol. Holds 18 rounds in magazine with option to extend to 36 rounds."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
Grand Theft Auto V
The AP Pistol appears to resemble the Colt SCAMP with elements from the OTs-33 Pernach. The Colt SCAMP, however, is no longer manufactured and is very hard to find. It also has similarities to the Glock pistol series, especially the Glock 18 in performance and having the ability of full-auto firing, as well as to 17C/24 in appearance due to the long barrel.
The AP Pistol is a striker-fired fully automatic machine pistol that acts much like the Automatic 9mm from The Lost and Damned. The gun is seen being used by Michael De Santa during Three's Company, as well as by Franklin Clinton in the official gameplay trailer.
Grand Theft Auto V
Unlike the Auto 9mm, the AP Pistol is much more accurate, and has a lighter recoil, which can be lightened even more with a suppressor attachment. It has an 18-round magazine with the option to extend to 36 rounds. Due to its high accuracy, high rate of fire, common ammo, high power, and having a large magazine size (with extended clip), it is arguably the best drive-by weapon in the game. It is all-round superior to the Micro SMG due to the higher rate of fire, much better accuracy in sustained fire, and slightly higher magazine capacity.
The AP Pistol is a drive-by weapon of choice for players; it is lighter and has a faster firing speed than the Micro SMG. It also holds 18 bullets (36 with extended mags), compared to the Micro SMG's 16 (30 with extended mags). It also deals higher damage, being able to destroy a car in around two magazines. In addition, it has more chances of hitting an enemy due to the lower recoil. However, the Micro SMG is the weapon equipped by default during drive-by's, needing several weapon changes to equip the AP Pistol, although this can be fixed in Grand Theft Auto Online by simply tossing all other drive-by weapons or storing them in the gun locker of an office or clubhouse.
According to the markings, the AP Pistol is chambered in 9x18.
GTA V Overview
|Damage||Fire Rate||Range||Ammo Specifications/|
|Reload Mechanism||Reload Speed|
| ( )||0.1||120||18||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||18-round standard magazine (Ammu-Nation)|
Armor-Piercing (In-game name)
|Cannot be determined||18-round standard magazine|
36-round standard magazine (Extended clip)
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V||GTA Online (Unlock)|
|Default clip (18 rounds)||Default||Default|
|Extended clip (36 rounds)||$412||$9,400|
|Flashlight (provides illumination when aiming)||$462||$10,528|
|Suppressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range)||$1,825||$13,664|
|Green (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)|
|Orange (Collector's Edition and Enhanced Edition)|
|Pink (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$6,000 (Rank 50)|
|Gold (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$8,000 (Rank 75)|
|Platinum (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$10,000 (Rank 100)|
- The usage of "9x18" rounds would be a a direct relation to the 9×18mm Makarov cartridge. Coicidentally, the OTs-33 Pernach also utilizes the same Makarov cartridge.
Grand Theft Auto V
- During the rappelling part of Three's Company, Michael actually fires his AP Pistol in three-round bursts instead of fully-automatic mode, as noticed by the slight delay between every three shots.
- The AP Pistol seems to be the weapon of choice for Steve Haines and Andreas Sanchez, as they both use it in the mission The Wrap Up.
- For some reason, files suggests it had slightly less damage and less accuracy compared to the current Social Club stats. 
- ↑ HUD Stats
<HudDamage value="26" /> <HudSpeed value="80" /> <HudCapacity value="20" /> <HudAccuracy value="35" /> <HudRange value="30" />