- Toshiko: "My husband is furious. He wonders how you come to know when and where to attack him so precisely."
- Toni: "Unless he's a fool, he'll work it out soon enough."
- Toshiko: "Then, perhaps we should help him. His men gossip like old women. Let's give them something to talk about..."
- —Toshiko Kasen and Toni Cipriani before she takes him out for a night on the town
A Date With Death is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Toshiko Kasen, the wife of Yakuza leader Kazuki Kasen, from her apartment in Torrington, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toshiko informs Toni that his actions have infuriated her husband. Toni realises that he will soon find out, so Toshiko says they'll give his men something to talk about, by going to the opera. Toni gets her limousine and drives them to the Mr. Benz clothing store, where he changes into a tuxedo. They then drive to the Fort Staunton Opera House in Fort Staunton and watch the opera. However, they don't notice being seen by a Forelli member who quickly drives off to spread the word. When they exit, racist Forelli Family henchmen are waiting to kill both Toni and Toshiko while one is damaging her limousine with a baseball bat. Toni, however, kills all five of the Forelli Family gang members and drives away in the limousine. More Forelli Family men chase them, however, they manage to get rid of the police attention and get back to Toshiko's apartment. As Toshiko and Toni enter her apartment, a Yakuza member sees them and quickly drives off.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Bring Toshiko's car round
- Pick up Toshiko
- Get a change of outfit
- Get back in Toshiko's car
- Go to the Opera
- Protect Toshiko and kill the Forelli gangsters
- Escape in Toshiko's car
- Take Toshiko back to her apartment
- Various members of the Forelli Family - Killed by Toni Cipriani for attempting to kill him and Toshiko Kasen, as well as for attempting to destroy Toshiko's limousine.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|