Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Compete with all your Freemode competitors in a mad dash across southern San Andreas. Who will be the first to race or fly through all the designated checkpoints for fame, fortune and reputation?"
- — Description
- "When your Radar lights up with a plentiful number of Checkpoint icons, your objective will be to take to the land, sea or air to collect as many as you can in the allotted time."
- — Rockstar Newswire Description
Air Checkpoints is an Event in GTA Online, which allows players to compete in collecting checkpoints located in the skies of San Andreas. A total of 120 checkpoints will appear on the radar, spread out across San Andreas. The objective is simple: collect the most amount of checkpoints in the 6 minute time limit.
Players will be rewarded cash per checkpoint collecting, varying between $200 and $900 each, depending on how close checkpoints are located to the ground and/or other objects. To collect a checkpoint, the player simply needs to fly through the yellow circle.
Just like many other Freemode Events, mostly the Freemode Challenges, the top three players with the highest scores will be listed in the gold/silver/bronze interface which appears in the Freemode Challenges, along with their score, the amount of checkpoints left and the time remaining.
The winner of first place will win an additional $3,500 on top of their earnings for the total checkpoints collected. Second place wins [amount], and third place wins [amount].
- Using a fast jet is best, since many of the checkpoints are widely spread apart, and time is of the essence.
- If the player has one, using a Hydra is perfect for both speed, agility and manoeuvrability, and its VTOL feature is useful for checkpoints which prove tricky to reach for the player.
- The objective of collecting checkpoints is very similar to one of the Flight School missions, involving collecting all the checkpoints which are spread across the map. The checkpoint icon is also the same.
- Air Checkpoints and other Freemode Events announced on Rockstar Newswire
- Game Tips on Rockstar Newswire