|This article or section is Under Construction as of 6 April, 2018.|
|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Compete with all your Freemode competitors in a mad dash across southern San Andreas. Who will be the first to race or fly through all the designated checkpoints for fame, fortune and reputation?"
- — Description
- "When your Radar lights up with a plentiful number of Checkpoint icons, your objective will be to take to the land, sea or air to collect as many as you can in the allotted time."
- — Rockstar Newswire Description
A total of 120 checkpoints will appear on the radar, spread out across San Andreas. The objective is simple: collect the most amount of checkpoints in the 6 minute time limit. Before the mode starts, the player will be notified to 'prepare', and provided with a rough area the game mode will take place, e.g., 'The North East', 'The South West'. This generally covers a quarter of the entire map.
Players will be rewarded cash per checkpoint collecting, varying between $200 and $900 each, depending on how close checkpoints are located to the ground and/or other objects. To collect a checkpoint, the player simply needs to fly through the yellow circle.
Just like many other Freemode Events and Freemode Challenges, the top three players with the highest scores will be listed in the gold/silver/bronze interface which appears in the Freemode Challenges, along with their score, the amount of checkpoints left and the time remaining.
The first place winner will be awarded an additional $3,500 on top of their earnings for the total checkpoints collected. Cash rewarded depends on two factors: the 'difficulty' of the checkpoint's reach, and the number of checkpoints already collected by the player. The reward for each checkpoint will generally increase by $250 for every 10 collected, plus or minus the difficulty multipliers. An additional bonus will be awarded to all players participating if all checkpoints are collected.
- Using a fast jet is best, since many of the checkpoints are widely spread apart, and time is of the essence.
- If the player has one, using a Hydra is perfect for both speed, agility and manoeuvrability, and its VTOL feature is useful for checkpoints which prove tricky to reach for the player.
- The objective of collecting checkpoints is very similar to one of the Flight School missions, involving collecting all the checkpoints which are spread across the map. The checkpoint icon is also the same.
- Both Air Checkpoints and Checkpoints are known as "Checkpoint Collection" (CPC) in the game files.
- Air Checkpoints and other Freemode Events announced on Rockstar Newswire
- Game Tips on Rockstar Newswire
- ↑ AM_CP_COLLECTION.ysc