Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "A surreal stagnant oasis in the desert. The water might look clean but it can burn through a man's lower intestine in seconds."
- ―GTA V Manual
The Alamo Sea is the largest body of water located on the San Andreas mainland. It is fed by the Pacific Ocean via the Cassidy Creek and the Zancudo River, as well as from agricultural runoff from nearby Grapeseed. The Alamo Sea is surrounded by Mount Chiliad to the north, Grapeseed to the northeast, Stab City to the west and Sandy Shores to the south.
It is described as "a putrid, salt-rich lake whose waters are unlikely to be home to anything you’d want to go fishing for". The sea is probably toxic, as it is described as being able to "burn through a man's lower intestine in seconds". Despite these claims, the player is able to wade and swim in the water freely. However, large amounts of trash and debris litter the shores of this lake, further hinting of how polluted the sea is. Many dead fish can be seen lining up the coastline.
Just like the real Salton Sea, it is very polluted and fish bones can be seen along the lake's shores. However, the shores of the Salton Sea are not inhabited by rednecks; the opposite, the Coachella Valley by the lake is advertised as one of the most gay-friendly places in America.
Roads and Streets
- The Alamo Sea covers an area of 1.5 square kilometres, or about 0.58 square miles, which makes it the largest lake to ever appear in the GTA Series.
- Like the real life Salton Sea, the Alamo Sea, according to its official website, was created as the result of an accident.
- The shoreline of the Alamo Sea lies 30 metres, or about 98 feet above sea level. It is affected by tides, meaning the water will rise and decline depending on the time of day.
- On multiple occasions, it is said that the water is so filthy that it can burn through a man's lower intestine in seconds. Despite this, it is completely safe to swim in the Alamo Sea in-game. (Indeed, two of the triathlon missions involve swimming in the Sea.)
- In-game, fish bones can be seen lining up the shoreline along with trash.
- The deepest point of the lake is located approximately 250 metres north of Stab City. The waters here reach a depth of 45.3 metres, or about 149 feet. The water of the Alamo sea are already murky and at this depth they are even darker. Some deep water fish are also present at this depth but are completely harmless.
- The wreckage of the Cargo Plane from Minor Turbulence can be found under the sea. Since it was holding weapons before it fell, some weapons can be found in the wreckage too.
- In the beta version of GTA V, the Alamo Sea didn't exist.