- "We gotta torch those fields. I only hope Gaia can forgive us!"
- ― The Truth
Are You Going to San Fierro? is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by aging hippie The Truth from his farm in the Leafy Hollow area of Flint County, San Andreas.
After the completion of Farewell, My Love..., Catalina gives Carl a deed to the old Xoomer garage in Doherty, San Fierro. The Truth calls, stating that the weed is finally ready, and asks Carl to come see him. Carl meets the Truth at his farm, pays him for the weed, and prepares to leave in the Truth's Mothership when the two hear a police helicopter outside. The Truth panics, realizing that Tenpenny set them up and that they must destroy the weed; he takes two flamethrowers, gives one to Carl, and the two torch the farm. After the weed is destroyed, the Truth gives Carl a rocket launcher, which he uses to destroy the helicopter, since they cannot escape it. Carl and the Truth get into the Mothership and drive to the garage in Doherty. After arriving at the garage, they realize that it is derelict, much to Carl's frustration.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and help The Truth destroy the weed
- Go and speak to the Truth
- Take out the chopper
- Get inside the mothership
- Drive the mothership to the garage in San Fierro
The reward for this mission is increased respect. The mission Wear Flowers in Your Hair is unlocked, and so is the ability to purchase safehouses in San Fierro and Carl is now able to buy clothing from Zip.
Tips and Tricks
- Explosives, such as grenades and Molotov Cocktails can be used to destroy the weed.
- Completing the Firefighter side missions will make Carl fireproof. This can help when destroying the weed as Carl can become hazed while doing so.
- The mission's name (and the mission unlocked by it) are references to the Scott McKenzie song San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair).
- Despite Carl paying The Truth for the weed, the player's money will not decrease.
- Unlike those that spawn during regular pursuits, the Police Maverick the player is required to shoot down actually has a pilot. He is a standard Rural Police officer and, once the chopper crashes, he might occasionally drop a Pistol and a Nightstick.
- The helicopter's search light is in the middle of the helicopter and is wider than the helicopter.
- The host of K-DST mentions this mission: "Great to hear about that weed farm going up in smoke. Just wish I'd been in the neighbourhood with a good pair of lungs."