- "We gotta torch those fields. I only hope Gaia can forgive us!"
- ― The Truth
Are You Going to San Fierro? is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by aging hippie The Truth from his farm in the Leafy Hollow area of Flint County, San Andreas.
After the completion of Farewell, My Love..., Catalina gives Carl a deed to the old Xoomer garage in Doherty, San Fierro. The Truth calls, stating that the weed is finally ready, and asks Carl to come see him. Carl meets the Truth at his farm, and prepares to leave in the Truth's Mothership when the two hear a police helicopter outside. The Truth panics, realizing that Tenpenny set them up and that they must destroy the weed; he takes two flamethrowers, gives one to Carl, and the two torch the farm, with Carl doing most of the work. When they finish, the Truth gives Carl a rocket launcher, which he uses to destroy the helicopter, since they cannot escape it. Carl and the Truth get into the Mothership and drive to the garage in Doherty, San Fierro. After getting there, they realize it's damaged and in need of repair, much to Carl's annoyance.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and help The Truth destroy the weed
- Go and speak to the Truth
- Take out the chopper
- Get inside the mothership
- Drive the mothership to the garage in San Fierro
The reward for this mission is increased respect. The mission Wear Flowers in Your Hair is unlocked, and so is the ability to purchase safehouses in San Fierro and Carl is now able to buy clothing from Zip.
Tips and Tricks
- Explosives, including grenades, satchel charges, and molotov cocktails can also destroy the weed. Setting satchel charges around the weed and detonating them is an easy alternative to using the flamethrower for completing the mission. However, it's rather expensive.
- It is recommended to complete the Firefighter side-mission before this mission, as the burning weed poses a slight hazard if Carl is not fireproof. But it's more dangerous if he is using a flamethrower due to it;s short range.
- It can be rather hard to shoot down the helicopter with the RPG. Wait until The Truth drives the "Mothership" to the exit and stops there. Then finish the helicopter there, as it will stop moving around. A good way is to try and stand directly under it and fire it straight up. This will cause massive harm to the player due to the splash damage (Bring body armor) but will definitely destroy the helicopter. But to prevent damage, stay clear once it goes down.
- Another manner to destroy the weed is using a Combine Harvester and simply drive over the weed, as seen in this video. However, since it's hard to find, it's not a good option.
Mothership and Sadler
The Mothership and the Sadler are both EP, they can be obtained by failing the mission, then driving them to a garage and save them in a garage.
- The mission's name (and the mission unlocked by it) are references to the Scott McKenzie song San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair).
- Driving slowly and crashing the vehicle can stop the screen from swaying.
- Carl pays The Truth for the weed for the latter's loss, however, Carl's money remains unaltered.
- Unlike those that spawn during regular pursuits, the Police Maverick the player is required to shoot down actually has a pilot. He is a standard Rural Police officer and, once the chopper crashes, he might occasionally drop a Pistol and a Nightstick.
- The helicopter's search light is in the middle of the helicopter and is wider than the helicopter.
- Answering the call from The Truth before the mission only adds the mission marker, but isn't actually needed to unlock the mission. So if you answer the call after completing the mission (having started it by walking into the invisible mission marker), then it adds that mission marker and the game never removes it.[ ]
- The host of K-DST mentions this mission: "Great to hear about that weed farm going up in smoke. Just wish I'd been in the neighbourhood with a good pair of lungs."
- Carl does not receive the RPG from The Truth if the former destroys the helicopter with other means (Such as a Sniper Rifle) before he drives the van and activates the cutscene.