The activity is basically a wager-based minigame in which the player is required compete against a computer controlled opponent for two or three rounds. The player must successfully win two rounds in order to win wholly; if the player loses in the first or second round, the game is allowed to be extended to a third round.
During a round of arm wrestling, the player needs to rapidly move the right thumb stick from left to right for console versions or rapidly move the mouse around for the PC version to win; the tougher the opponent, the more rapidly the player is required to move the thumb stick or mouse.
The cost of playing varies in each of the game's three biker clubhouses, but generally requires the player pay hundreds of dollars to join, with a possibility of winning double that amount:
- Lost MC Clubhouse: $100 wager, with a $200 winning.
- Angels of Death Clubhouse: $200 wager, with a $400 winning.
- Uptown Riders Clubhouse: $300 wager, with a $600 winning.
GTA VArm wrestling returns in GTA Online. The players can be able to arm wrestle eachother in the open world of GTA Online. Arm wrestling is only known to be in GTA Online. It is unknown if the game is in story mode.
- When provoking one of the two clubs, several gangs will run from the player, whilst the others rush after the player in a hostile manner.
- In the PC version, you can easilly win a round of arm wrestling by moving the mouse rapidlly before clicking to start.
- An arm wrestling activity is also featured in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game.
- Like most other forms of paid services, killing your opponent will result in a full refund of all money spent on the matches if lost.