|This article needs more images of:|
Rear quarter image.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Similar in design to the Bell 412, the Armadillo is a relatively large helicopter intended as an emergency vehicle. The Armadillo is only seen in a white with blue color, with the "VCS-1172" stencil on the engine covers.
The fire department version has a bucket attached by a rope, which is used to carry water from the sea to the fires.
The Armadillo possess a relatively good speed, with moderately steep pitches that help increase its acceleration at the expense of losing altitude faster.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Say Cheese - Reni Wassulmaier uses the Armadillo as a news helicopter, hovering over Victor Vance.
- Farewell to Arms - Used to defend Gonzalez from being attacked by the Sharks, with Vic Vance using a machine gun in it.
- On the large field behind the fire station in Downtown. Entering a FDVC Armadillo starts a Fire Copter side mission, where the player has to get sea water and use it to take out fires on rooftops. The player can avoid activating the side mission and water bucket upon entry into the helicopter by pushing it away from its spawn point using a heavy road vehicle or even the player character itself (by sprinting against the helicopter).
- Air Ambulance - Which shares the same body design as the Armadillo.
- The police helicopter and helicopter in Grand Theft Auto III, also based on a Bell 412.
- Raindance - Another emergency helicopter used for the same purpose in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.