- "A high-capacity submachine gun that is both compact and lightweight. Holds up to 30 bullets in one magazine."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The Vom Feuer Assault SMG is a Submachine Gun in The Ballad of Gay Tony and Grand Theft Auto V. It first appears in the mission Chinese Takeout, and it is one of two new submachine guns in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It also appears as a Rockstar Social Club bonus weapon in Grand Theft Auto V.
- "Light, compact and accurate, this machine gun is perfect for urban combat."
- ―Description from the TBoGT website
In Grand Theft Auto V, it appears to be based on a Magpul PDR without the extra ergonomic handgrip at the front. The top picatinny rail is relatively short (in comparison with the PDR), because the model features an integrated carry handle.
The beta model, however, suggest that the original P90-like SMG will return to the game, although it is yet to be officially confirmed by Rockstar. Unlike the TBoGT counterpart, looks like an hybrid between the P90 (overall design) and the PDR (a standard magazine below the buttstock, similar to the current weapon). Also, is modeled as a stock weapon, implying that the silencer can be optional to resemble the original weapon.
Compared to the SMG, the Assault SMG is just as accurate, but with reduced recoil, slightly more damage per shot, and a 50 round magazine that Luis finishes the reloading animation by briefly looking down the sights of the P90 adding .6 more seconds to the reloading process than an SMG. If hiding behind low cover, like a car, Luis and the multiplayer player will take longer reloading the Assault SMG' (5 seconds). Unlike other SMGs, the Assault SMG cannot be used by the driver of a vehicle. NOOSE's Tactical Response Unit and the FIB use this weapon against the player in addition to the SMG and the Carbine Rifle.
Customization (GTA V)
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V||GTA Online (Unlock)|
|Rounds (60)||$30||(Rank 29)|
|Default clip (30 rounds)||Default||Default|
|Extended clip (60 rounds)||FREE|
|Flashlight (provides ilumination when aiming)||FREE|
|Suppressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range)||FREE|
|Scope (extends field of view)||FREE|
|Army||$100||$5000 (Kill 100 players)|
|Green (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7500 (Kill 200 players)|
|Orange (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||(Kill 400 players)|
|LSPD||$600||$5750 (Kill 600 players)|
|Pink (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7500 (Rank 50)|
|Gold (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$10000 (Rank 75)|
|Platinum (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$12500 (Rank 100)|
- Due to its large size, the player is not supposed to be able to select the Assault SMG whilst driving. However, if the player uses the "Advanced Weapons Set" cheat code in TBoGT while in a vehicle with a different SMG selected as the current weapon, the player can then use the Assault SMG for drive-bys. Also, there are glitches in the PC version that allow the player to select the Assault SMG from his current arsenal using either the 5 key (not NUM5) or by scrolling down (not up) on the mouse. However, it will fire only half of its original speed (as if it were semi-automatic). Also, while Luis is firing the weapon from the vehicle, his body will become extremely deformed due to there not being a proper animation for firing this weapon from a vehicle. However, if the NOOSE or the FIB are shooting from the car, only their hands will be deformed.
- In the debut trailer for TBoGT, the Assault SMG lacked the suppressor. Additionally, the filler/foam in the Assault SMG's gun case in Armando's SUV did not have a cut out for the suppressor.
- The Assault SMG has larger bullet casings than other weapons as seen when fired.
- Strangely, the bullet casings do not fall out from under the grip of the gun, instead, they fly out of an invisible ejection port on the right of the gun.
- In real life, the P90 uses the FN-proprietary 5.7x28mm cartridge, while the PDR uses the 5.56×45mm NATO one. However, in both games, the Assault SMG shares its ammunition with other SMGs for the sake of convenience.
- The FN 5.7x28mm rounds are technically submachine gun/pistol rounds given their similar functionality to other submachine guns, though.
- When the weapon is not aimed down its sights, Luis will have his left hand on the suppressor which in reality after firing, the suppressor would be boiling thus burning his hand.
- In the Beta, the GTA V Assault SMG resembled a reskinned version of the TBoGT model but was most likely changed to avoid copyright issues.
- As such, there are several differences between the models; the GTA V model has been significantly shortened, as well as given a unique railing, grip, and barrel. The anatomy has also changed to resemble more common bullpups; The clip is now loaded in the stock of the gun rather than overhead, and said overhead area has been replaced by a shell ejector.