- "I blocked down on him and then I put him in a wheelchair!"
- ―BJ Smith
BJ Smith is a former tight-end for the Vice City Mambas, a professional American football team, and has decided to concentrate on business. He has since purchased Sunshine Autos and renamed it to BJ's Used Autos and has released his own fitness video called BJ's Fit for Football.
BJ has struggled to come to terms with life after his football career, although he is known to frequent Colonel Cortez' yacht party. The police are also investigating Smith for his used car business, which they suspect is a front for selling stolen cars. Smith is in debt and is doing anything for money, including training for a return to pro football, but upcoming crime lord Tommy Vercetti bought his dealership from him as a front for his car theft ring. He continued the underground chop shop business, "Donating" stolen cars and also participating in illegal street races. BJ announced to Tommy that he was coming out of retirement and preparing his future comeback.
BJ Smith's approach in life is said to be heavy handed, citing football as an inspiration to his claims of resolving many of life's challenges with aggression and violence. The Vice City Police Department's file on Smith also says that he is known for violently tackling his opponents.
VCPD Crime Tree Record
Former star Tight End for Vice City Mambas. Very successful career in pro football, but haunted by problems off the field. Famous for hurting opponents.
- Former star Tight End for Vice City Mambas.
- Very successful career in pro football, but haunted by problems off the field.
- Famous for hurting opponents. Now runs a celebrity endorsed used car lot, which we believe may be a front.
- Thought to sell stolen vehicles.
- Believed to be heavily in debt with loan sharks and is now doing anything for money.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- GTA Vice City
- Smith shares several traits with former NFL star and suspected murderer O.J. Simpson (BJ also hints robbing a store during a K-CHAT interview, although it remains to be seen if this is simply a figure of speech or an actual event).