|This article needs more images of:|
Locations in GTA IV
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Multinational banking corporation that made billions out of bankrupting the American people, went bankrupt themselves, then got the American people to bail them out. Classy."
- ― Description at LCN.com.
In GTA IV, it's main branch is located on Columbus Avenue and Calcium Street in Chinatown, Algonquin. In GTA CW, the game booklet shows that Hsin Jaoming and his son Chan may be associates of the bank or have a high role in the bank hierarchy.
In GTA III, GTA LCS and GTA IV, there are Bank of Liberty ATMs scattered around the city. In GTA IV, they allow the player to check their bank balance, despite the fact that the player's money total is already displayed in the game's HUD.
It is a parody of the Bank of America, as it has a similar name and the same colors. It is also a parody of Santander Bank and Eurasian Bank, as the text is the same and the bank also has a logo to the left of the title.
The Bank of Liberty branch in Chinatown (GTA IV) appears to be based on a branch of the HSBC bank in Chinatown, Manhattan judging by both location and appearance.
Grand Theft Auto III/Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto Advance
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Apart from those in GTA IV, there is a new branch in Downtown.
- In GTA III, in the mission "The Getaway", Claude and three members of the Leone Family rob the Chinatown branch in Portland Island.
- In GTA IV, in the mission "Three Leaf Clover"; Niko Bellic, Packie, Derrick, and Michael rob the Chinatown, Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty, in which they steal $1,000,000. They deal with heavy police attention and take the money home to divide between themselves.
- In GTA Chinatown Wars, in the mission "Dragon Haul Z"; Zhou and Huang rob the Chinatown, Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty and proceed to get away by performing in the Chinatown festivities, using the Dragon Costume they had previously stolen. The bank is also constantly robbed during the Firefighter minigame.
- The bank's phone number is 808-555-8372.
- In GTA IV, there is a small Bank of Liberty located in Northwood, not so far from Luis Lopez's apartment. The player can get inside by spawning a NRG 900 and then dismounting the bike. However, the ground is not solid and the player will fall into Blue Hell for about 5 seconds before respawning on the road outside.
- The Bank of Liberty in Chinatown has been robbed twice in the HD Universe Timeline. It was robbed by Niko Bellic, Packie and Gerald McReary and Michael Keane in the GTA IV mission Three Leaf Clover, and by Zhou Ming in the Chinatown Wars mission Dragon Haul Z.
- It is the only bank to be robbed in both 3D Universe and HD Universe