The vehicle itself has the same front end and main cabin design as the Barracks OL, but the rear is adapted to attach trailers, as the name suggests. Like the transport variant and other military ground vehicles, it patrols Fort Zancudo and is seen parked in several areas.
It's heavily based on the M915A5 Tractor Trailer, sharing the initial body shape, grille attachments and color scheme.
Current Design Gallery
Due to its shorter wheelbase, it has better performance in handling and turning, and above average acceleration when compared to similar vehicles and its trooper counterpart, the Barracks OL. The vehicle is very stable and easy to control. However, the brakes are much less responsive, taking a while to stop even at the lowest of speeds. The Barracks Semi is capable of pulling trailers much faster than normal semi tractors.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||110 / 177 (handling.dat)||
10000 / 22046 (handling.dat)
|n/a||78 / 125||
Mass cannot be observed.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
It doesn't make any scripted appearances in GTA V's story-line, except that it will appear along with other military vehicles during Cargobob.
GTA V + GTA Online
- Found at Fort Zancudo, patrolling and parked in many places, especially some of them next to the southeast checkpoint.
- Can be found on the highway outside Fort Zancudo if the player approaches and leaves the base.
- When entering the base, there is a chance that a Barracks Semi with one or two military men inside pursue the player inside the base, along with other Barracks OL and Crusaders.
- May spawn randomly in the Great Ocean Highway with a random trailer.
- Can sometimes be seen with out a trailer on some of the inland roads between Sandy Shores Airfield and Los Santos. Also near the off-road truck race.
- An easy way to get one in GTA Online is to steal one from the highway outside the military base with Lester's Blind Eye feature on. The player can use a Cargobob to hook a Barracks Semi to its winch. Flying around the military base several times should eventually spawn the Barracks Semi if they don't spawn first-try.
- The Barracks Semi can pull trailers. It has two of its own trailers:
- A unique brown camouflage tanker trailer, which appears in the base. The fuel could also be aviation fuel for aircraft because of the way it explodes or normal fuel or both.
- A brown camouflage flatbed trailer, which is rare and cannot be found in freeroam.
- The Barracks Semi does burnouts easily, but will not do donuts on pavement (possibly due to a the double rear axle and comically oversized front wheels), it will however do extremely slow donuts on dirt.
- Unlike its cousin, the truck is named HVY Barracks Semi, showing the manufacturer. However, it reveals that the transport variant is evidently a HVY Barracks.
- It's the first military semi, and the fastest semi in the game.
- There is a Barracks Semi wreck in the sea, just east of the Humane Labs and Research building (where wrecks of military vehicles can be seen), this wreck appears to be much larger than the standard truck.
- Strangely, despite being an AWD vehicle, the game files suggest it is a RWD vehicle.
- Furthermore, 3 differentials appear under the truck, supporting its AWD characteristics, however, this is technically wrong, as the truck would need 2 extra diffs in the center to fully support a locking differential.
- Oddly, the Barracks Semi is 1000kg heavier than its passenger transporter variant, the Barracks.