Bayside is a town appearing in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
It sits at the northern end of the Gant Bridge, and is only minutes away from San Fierro (indeed it's close enough to San Fierro that it could be accurately described as a suburb or satellite community). The town is surrounded by a cordillera of unnamed mountains to the north and west, which separates it from the open sea. Bayside is a highly affluent area, apparently modeled after the Sausalito and Tiburon areas of Marin County as well as Fort Baker, just north of San Francisco. Like Sausalito, Bayside possesses a well-used marina, and enjoys the isolation from the bustle of San Fierro, while maintaining the sophistication and pretense of the area.
Bayside is notably different from other towns in Tierra Robada, as it is located in a more vegetated, forested and less arid region of the county. Bayside is also more overall sophistocated, affluent and beautiful compared to its other rural counterparts which makes it more simmilar to San Fierro in that regard rather than other rural towns.
Bayside is a common spawning point for Rangers/Sheriffs and rural police due to it being regarded as a rural area despite the fact that city cars and civilians spawn as if it was an urban area. Rural Police can be seen patrolling Bayside, rather than San Fierro Police Department officers from the nearby San Fierro, suggesting that Bayside functions independently of its larger neighbour with a law enforcement contract with the sheriffs.
When traveling to Bayside from San Fierro San Fierro Police Department patrol cars will spawn and appear heading back towards the city. This is odd because the San Fierro Police Department does not spawn in the town. This supports the idea that Bayside is a satellite community under the jurisdiction of San Fierro. However, it is actually just the traffic spawning as the bridge is actually part of San Fierro, so SFPD cars will spawn there, despite the fact it's not illegal at all in the entire game.
- Desert Eagle - Behind the wall of a house near the marina
- Flowers - In front of a building with two main doors, next to the road which leads to the main highway
- Grenades - In an alley at the south of Phat Clothing, near the marina
- Vibrator - Next to a rubbish bin, in a dirt lot just northwest of Bayside Marina; it is small, and its grey color blends with the background, making it difficult to see. This is the weapon/gift's only spawning point in San Andreas.
- Body Armor - On the beach
- Police Bribe - In Bayside Marina
- Emperor/Premier - Spawn points
- Fortune/Stafford - Spawn points
- Jetmax - In Boating School after Gold completion
- Marquis - In Boating School after Bronze completion
- Marquis - Near lighthouse
- Sea Sparrow - On helipad (sometimes replaced by Maverick)
- Skimmer - Near the beach
- Squalo - In Boating School after Silver completion
- Vortex - On the beach
Originally, the missions Pier 69 and Ice Cold Killa were to be triggered in Bayside. This was more than likely changed due to the fact that the player would have likely ended up being chased by police making it difficult to complete the mission.
- In the mission Saint Mark's Bistro the player is required to fly a plane a great distance to the east in order to reach Liberty City. Flying so far over the ocean away from the main map area can sometimes cause a glitch which creates additional gang territories across the state. One such territory is a Los Santos Vagos turf in Bayside (who could be considered Bayside Vagos).
- The town did not exist in the beta version of the game and was instead a part of San Fierro Bay. It was added rather lately in the game's development. The fact that it was not in the Beta could be the reason for the lack of name for the nearby cordillera.
- It is possible for the player to explore Bayside Marina at the beginning of the game without a wanted level. This area of Bayside is not mapped for automatic police attention prior to unlocking the third island.