- For the car in GTA London, see Beagle 3.
The Beagle is a twin prop airplane based on the Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander with a modified nose. Although very slow, the Beagle can turn much faster than any other airplane in GTA San Andreas, despite not letting the player retract the landing gear. The Beagle can accommodate only two people (pilot and passenger) despite having ten seats.
The Beagle has acceptable handling, considering its large size, as well as a short takeoff distance. They are found flying all over the state and one occasionally crashes at the highest point on Mount Chiliad.
The Beagle appears in Fort Carson, Bone County, Las Venturas, due to a coding error. The airplane can be found wedged between a small house and a power pole, or a palm tree on the same lot. However, on very rare occasions, the plane can be seen on the road away from the two objects, while most of the time, if the player attempts to move it, it blows up. It is possible to release the airplane and fly it, but only with the use of two cheats; the vehicle invincibility cheat and the health/armor cheat. See the Cheats in GTA San Andreas page for the codes of the two cheats above.
- Parked by the runway in Easter Bay International Airport, San Fierro. Plane is locked until Pilot School is finished
- Spawns with one wing inside a building in Fort Carson, probably a coding error; It usually explodes upon entry, it is possible to get out but only with the use of various cheats, as explained above.
- Can be seen flying low over the player in small desert and countryside towns, and occasionally crashes into Mount Chiliad.
- The name Beagle is the same species as Snoopy of the Peanuts comic strips. Snoopy is often depicted as a "World War I Flying Ace". The name also shares the same name of a dog breed. In addition to that, Beagle was also the name of a real-life British airplane manufacturer.
- If you have a wanted level whilst flying the Beagle you will get chased by the Hydra but the Beagle is so slow that it hardly ever gets hit.