The car features a retro utilitarian design theme, which seems to be inspired by the Japanese styling found on the Toyota FJ Cruiser, but with a flatter, less aggressive appearance and regular second-row doors (as opposed to suicide doors). The rear bumper and fascia bears some resemblance to the first generation Toyota RAV4.
The sides of the SUV lack extra formations. The lower body is a different color to the upper body. The SUV features the same seven spoke wheels found on the Cavalcade, wrapped in high profile tires.
The BeeJay XL, like its real life counterpart, has a large V6 engine. It is also shown that it can sustain heavy amounts of damage.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
(Number + Type)
(Kg / lb)
Top Speed (Handling.dat)
- Sometimes spawns in Simeon Yetarian's garage until Mr. Phillips.
- Frequently spawns in Rockford Hills when switching to Michael during daytime.
- The word "BeeJay" is a double entendre. In one hand, it's a clear pun on its real-life equivalent, the Toyota FJ Cruiser (in the past, the BJ is the diesel-engined model of the original Toyota FJ). It could also refer to "blowjob".
- The car's ability to sustain heavy damage may be inspired from real-life Toyota Land Cruiser's (especially the original FJ) exceptional reliability, longevity, and toughness.
- In the mission Complications, for some reason, when the player arrives to the destination where Michael tells Franklin to crash the SUV, Jimmy's BeeJay XL makes a more louder and aggressive sound. This might be a unique Karin BeeJay XL in the game with such that sound. The player can keep it if he takes it to his safehouse's garage.