|For the industrial truck in both the 3D and HD Universe, see Benson.|
The Benson is a sports car in Grand Theft Auto 2.
The Benson is a is suggestively based on the Mercedes-Benz 300SL, evidenced by the Benson's similar body design, as well as its gull-wing doors and its name being similar to the Mercedes-Benz car brand. The only difference is the 300SL does not feature split frontal and rear windscreens, as the Benson has.
The Benson is noted for its substantial top speed, but at the same time it suffers from delayed acceleration due to slow gear-shifting as the car speeds up. And while the car features good braking, the Benson suffers from occasional tailspins when cornering at high speeds.
Grand Theft Auto 2
- Spawns only in the Residential District.
- It is the default vehicle in the game. During certain missions, like Greatest Hits!, it may appear as the car driven by attackers.
- Rarely used by Johnny Zoo during The Final Job in Downtown District.
- Big Bends - A Grand Theft Auto: London 1961 car comparable to the Benson.
- Jugular - A Grand Theft Auto 1 car comparable to the Benson.
- Stirling GT - A DLC car in Grand Theft Auto V also based on the Mercedes-Benz 300SL.