Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The accuracy of some information on this page has been disputed.|
You can help by correcting it, finding sources to prove the integrity of the information or by discussing any changes that could be made on the talk page.
|The article is subject to high amounts of speculative content|
Please add references to any content added to the page otherwise the edit will be reverted. Any content that cannot be verified could be discussed on the talk page first.
Before the release of any Grand Theft Auto game, there were features that were removed from the final product. These changes range from deleted vehicles and player skins to the removal of entire characters and mission strands. Content is usually removed due to technical difficulties or by developer's choice. Below is the list of the games with main articles for beta content.
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto III
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto V and Online
Some games had only few beta features that were removed from the final product and are listed on this page.
Grand Theft Auto 1
- Accessible Trams were removed early in the games development for San Andreas city.
- The SWAT Van was removed, despite being shown on the game's website.
- The antenna was removed from TV Van.
- Children were cut, most likely for moral reasons.
Grand Theft Auto 2
- A weapon called the "Microwave" was removed.
- A weapon called the "Instant Vehicle Bomb" was removed.
- A weapon called the "ElectroBaton" was removed.
- In the promo movie & inside the game files, districts by the names of Chernobyl Docks, Romanova, Azimuth, Barking, & Kyabetsu were going to be in the game, but they were removed. Also, Arbo & Gonad were actually referenced by name in the police dispatch instead of being called "South Central".
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- The alpha map looked very different.
- The Screwdriver, that is used to hotwire cars, was blue instead of green, as seen in an image on the back of the game box.