Before the release of any Grand Theft Auto game, there were features that were removed from the final product. These changes range from deleted vehicles and player skins to the removal of entire characters and mission strands. Below is the list of the games of which beta versions were released.
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto III
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Beta Releases in GTA: San Andreas
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes
- Beta Releases in Grand Theft Auto V and Online
While some games had only few beta features that were removed from the final product. Here is an up to date details of those beta features.
Grand Theft Auto 1
- Accessible Trams were removed early in the games development for San Andreas city.
- The SWAT Van was removed, despite being shown on the game's website.
- The antenna was removed from TV Van.
- Children were cut.
Grand Theft Auto 2
- A weapon called the "Microwave" was removed.
- A weapon called the "Instant Vehicle Bomb" was removed.
- A weapon called the "ElectroBaton" was removed.
- In the promo movie & inside the game files, districts by the names of Chernobyl Docks, Romanova, Azimuth, Barking, & Kyabetsu were going to be in the game, but they were removed. Also, Arbo & Gonad were actually referenced by name in the police dispatch instead of being called "South Central".
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
|The accuracy of some information on this page has been disputed|
You can help by correcting it, finding sources to prove the information or discussing any changes that could be made on the talk page.
- The alpha map looked very different.(?)
- The Screwdriver, that is used to hotwire cars, was blue instead of green, as seen in an image on the back of the game box.