Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "This whole damn country needs a kick in the ass, and we're the ones to deliver it."
- ― "Big" Mitch Baker
Baker is a war veteran, as well the leader of the Vice City Bikers.
Baker is a Vietnam veteran, and apparently earned a Purple Heart while killing a village full of Viet Cong. He believes that Vice City's police mistreat veterans (or at least, disaffected and violent ones such as himself), which has consequently led to innumerable clashes and 13 (presumably brief) stints in jail. He runs a local biker gang from the Greasy Chopper bar and is extremely loyal to his "family".
Events of GTA Vice City
Tommy Vercetti has to earn Baker's respect before he can get the gang to provide security for a Love Fist concert. This is because when Kent Paul, the manager of Love Fist tried, as Mitch tells it, "He went out of the window in nothing but his limey birthday suit" - this arrangement may be a parallel to the disastrous Rolling Stones concert at Altamont Speedway in 1969.
Missions for Tommy
Tommy starts working for Mitch. Firstly, Mitch tells to Tommy that he needs to prove himself in a bike race, in which Tommy won. Mitch later reveales that he knows Tommy's history and tells him to create chaos in the city, "to show who's the boss".
Last Mission and Love Fist's Show
- "It's Baker. I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the show. Me and the boys want to thank you, and remind you, you got our respect. Good day. Keep riding hard, son."
- ―Mitch to Tommy
After the show, Mitch calls to Tommy, saying that he enjoyed the show, and finally, saying Tommy to take care himself.
Mitch calls into V-Rock, Vice City's rock-and-roll radio station, complaining that they play too many hair bands and not enough hard rock.
Mitch Baker has a tough, assertive and occasionally aggressive personality and attitude; however, after a few missions for Mitch, the player learns that he has become somewhat sedentary, doing not much except "messing around" in the Greasy Chopper with his club mates, arm wrestling and playing pool and pinball games. That said, he's apparently prepared to spring into action if he deems it necessary—when his bike is stolen by a local street gang, he says, "Me and the boys were going to go down there and teach them a lesson, but then I got to thinking..."
VCPD Crime Tree Record
- Vietnam veteran, turned motorbike enthusiast. Won Purple Heart for killing a village full of Vietcong. Extreme bitterness at treatment of veterans has led to violent clashes with authority. Jailed on 13 occasions
- Lawless degenerate sociopath.
- Loves bar sports, fighting, pinball, pool, eating live animals, hard rock music, wrestling, racing motorbikes, urinating in public places, scaring police.
- Believed to have been implicated in several civil disturbances.
- Runs local gang of bikers. Believed to be implicated in narcotics distribution.
- Extreme loyalty within gang.
- Initiation rituals preclude getting man on inside.
- Known loathing for soft rock, communists, wigs.
- GTA Vice City
- Alloy Wheels of Steel (Boss)
- Messing with the Man (Boss)
- Hog Tied (Boss)
- Publicity Tour (Post-mission phone call)