Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For more information, see Bigfoot on GTA Myths Wiki|
Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is an ape-like creature that some people believe inhabits the forests of San Andreas in Grand Theft Auto V. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid. It is very likely introduced due to the popular myth in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which Rockstar Games confirmed to be fake.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Rumors of Bigfoot being found in Back O' Beyond surfaced within a week of the game's release. Although no definitive proof of Bigfoot's existence was ever produced and Rockstar Games eventually confirmed that Bigfoot did not exist in the game. However, they hinted something was there, which fueled many gamers to continue the search. However, the release of modifications made the search near-impossible, as anything considered "evidence" of his existence was most likely taken out of a modified version of the game. Bigfoot remains arguably the most popular myth of the GTA franchise. Possibly for this reason, Bigfoot was introduced in the next game taking place in San Andreas, GTA V.
Grand Theft Auto V
The mission's objective is to hunt the O'Neil brothers in the woods of Cassidy Creek using a rifle with thermal scope. At the lower right corner you can see Bigfoot standing still. He will immediately disappear after he has been spotted. If Michael tries to shoot at it nothing happens. This serves as an easter egg.
The mission is dedicated entirely to Bigfoot. Franklin meets a hunter who says that he has been on a sasquatch's tail for eight years (GTA San Andreas had been released 9 years prior to GTA V). After searching the woods, the creature can be seen running. After a long chase, he will reach a dead end and will start cowering in fear. Upon shooting him, he will repeat the phrases "shoot me human" and "I'm the last of my kind" (This is a throw back to the sasquatch mission in Red Dead Redemption). Franklin concludes that the so-called Bigfoot is nothing more than a crazed man in a costume.
On the PS4, Xbox One and PC version, after the player beats the game to 100%, completes the Strangers and Freaks mission The Last One and finds all 27 Peyote Plants, seven special Golden Peyote Plants will appear, one in a different location for each day of the week, from 5:30 to 8:00 AM with the weather set to Snow (consoles, unlocked only by a cheat code) or Foggy (PC version). This special Peyote Plants grants the player the ability to play as Sasquatch himself. Bigfoot works almost identically to human characters, can drive any vehicles, can use any dropped weapons, and has increased strength. If the plants are eaten in order (from Sunday to Saturday), a dead animal, human or an abandoned car will be nearby. When eating the Saturday plant, the hunter from The Last One will lie dead next to the player, growling after this will cause a howl to sound from the distance, to which the player must follow, starting a hunt of sorts that consists on following a trail of dead bodies. Eventually, the player will arrive at Thomson Scrapyard and growling won't be available, then he should head to a small shack nearby where the very last body will be located, the camera will then zoom on top of a wrecked airplane, where the Beast will jump from, starting a fight. If the player wins, the hallucination will end automatically.  
- At the end of the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas game manual, the name "Big Foot" is listed in the special thanks section.
- He appears on the city seal of Los Santos.
- In Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, one can get an achievement for killing a sasquatch called Six Years in the Making. This is a reference to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, as Red Dead Redemption was made six years after Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- In GTA Online, a rare Animal Materials Crate can be purchased through the SecuroServ network for $25,000 containing a Bigfoot skin. It can be sold for $105,000.
- The Golden Peyote Challenge does seem to indirectly prove that the Sasquatch Role Player in the Last One and the Bigfoot in the Golden Peyote Challenge are different entities. This suggests that the Sasquatch Role Player is not the real Bigfoot, but that the Bigfoot from The Golden Peyote Challenge is indeed the true Sasquatch. This is also proved in the files as the Sasquatch Role Player identified as Orleans is a different pedestrian than the real Bigfoot.