- "The original handheld weapon of mass procrastination."
- ―Description at Bawsaq.com.
The BitterSweet is a parody of the RIM Blackberry electronic device, and is advertised as highly addictive, and highly annoying. The motto for BitterSweet is Be Everywhere. And Nowhere.
The advertising for the BitterSweet focuses mainly on user testimonials, and prides itself on being "always connected, perpetually disconnected". Commercials focus mainly on the annoyances of the BlackBerry phone, such as loud alerts and a constant blinking red light for unimportant emails, the device taking most of the owners' attention (The "Blackberry Disease") and dismissing family functions. Though the BitterSweet is constantly mentioned in-game, it is not obtainable.
- Franklin Clinton. His phone is manufactured by BitterSweet, but the operating system is Drone. (a parody of Android Operating System.)
- Strangely, the UI design seems to nearly replicate the characteristics of BlackBerry OS 7.
- Bittersweet is a reference to Blackberry's mobile operating system 'Symphony OS' through The Verve song "Bittersweet Symphony"
- Sometimes, when you bump into civilians, they'll yell "My BitterSweet!" in a panicky tone, implying their BitterSweet got damaged.
- The name is also a pun on a blackberry's taste.
- The logo is also styled to BlackBerry's font & style.
- The BitterSweet device's physical keyboard does not follow the QWERTY pattern.
- Franklin's phone in the enhaced version of GTA V, an originally Samsung-based phone rebranded as a BitterSweet, is a coincidental jab at rumors which circulated in early 2015 about a potential BlackBerry purchase by Samsung.
- The homescreen on Franklin's phone, both previous and current generation, resembles the design used on BlackBerry OS7.