- "Bleeter is a social networking and microblogging service that found a way to turn the entire world into illiterate journalists reporting on the breaking news of their vapid existence. They, like many popular internet services, have yet to turn any kind of a profit."
- ― Description at Bawsaq.com.
Bleeter.biz is a website accessible in The Ballad of Gay Tony and Grand Theft Auto V. An obvious parody of Twitter, it is a social networking and microblogging site. The player can buy stocks from them at the Bawsaq.com website in GTA V.
The site allows users to post "Bleets" from the computer or their phones, which generally contain small snippets of information about what they happen to be doing at the moment of their Bleet, much like Twitter's "Tweets". Also, the verb of Bleeter is "Bleeting", in a similar vain to Twitter's "Tweeting". Bleeter's mascot is a sheep.
The site's name comes from the word "bleat," the sound a sheep makes, parodying the mindlessness and banality of sites like it. Also, the sheep's sound effect is heard when a user checks a recently posted Bleet via mobile phone. Like Twitter, it would appear that it is often used by celebrities whose Bleets are subscribed to and read on a frequent basis by fans.
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
It is used by many people throughout The Ballad Of Gay Tony, such as British debutante Daisie Cash-Cooze who, during a random encounter, uses it to track down homosexual movie star Chris Hunt, who regularly Bleets. The Bleets help to pinpoint Hunt's location as he moves throughout Liberty City though they often need to be deciphered to find their true meaning. Evan Moss, Gay Tony's boyfriend is first assumed dead by Luis Lopez and Tony when he Bleets about being cornered by bikers in the mission Frosting on the Cake, which Tony reads. The pair both agree that it is an odd time for anyone to update their Bleeter.
Grand Theft Auto V
Bleeter returns in GTA V and has more depth than its previous incarnation. There are various characters that use Bleeter, including Tracey De Santa, Poppy Mitchell and Devin Weston. Since Bleeter is a parody of Twitter, the Bleets often have hashtags, or #. An example is #BAWSAQ.
- Alco Patch @Alcopatch
- Appropiate Associates @AppropriateAssociates
- Bahama Mamas West @BahamaMamasWest
- Cash for Dead Dreams
- Cherenkov Vodka @CherenkovVodka
- Cluckin' Bell @CluckinBell
- Drug Observation Agency @DrugObservationAgency
- Dude Eat Dog
- eCola @eColaSoftDrink
- Facade @FacadeComputers
- Fame or Shame @FameOrShame
- Fleeca @FleecaBank
- Fruit @FRUIT
- Gastro Band
- Honkers @Honkers
- Impotent Rage @ImpotentRage
- Junk Energy Drink @JunkEnergyDrink
- Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force @KungFuRainbowLazerForce
- Logger Beer @loggerlight
- Los Santos Corkers Baseball Team
- Los Santos Police Department @LosSantosPolice
- LS Pounders
- Max Renda @MaxRendaCosmetics
- Merryweather Security @MerryweatherSecurity
- MeTV @MeTV
- Misfire Games
- National Office of Security Enforcement @NATIONALOFFICEOFSECURITYENFORCEMENT
- Organ Farm @OrganfarmTVShow
- Pfister Design
- Pill Pharm @pillpharm
- Pole Position @PolePositionAdultLounge
- Premium Deluxe Motorsport @PremiumDeluxeMotorsport
- Princess Robot Bubblegum @PrincessRobotBubblegum
- Redwood Cigarettes @RedwoodCigarettes
- Rehab Island
- Republican Space Rangers @RepublicanSpaceRangers
- Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts
- Sebastian Dix
- Serious Cougar @SeriousCougarShow
- Six Figure Temps @SixFigureTemps
- Sorry Commode @
- Sprunk @Sprunk
- The Lost MC @LostMotorcycleClub
- The Pole Position Club
- The Pow Cleanse
- Toe Shoes @ToeShoes
- Vanilla Unicorn
- Your Dead Family @YourDeadFamily
- Weazel News