Bloodring Bangers are evidently vehicles modified for use in demolition derbies, and as such are stripped down with added safety features for the driver, such roll bars (which varies depending on their car number) and netting for the driver's compartment for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, or roll bars and welded bars of metal in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Bloodring Banger is originally available in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in the form of either a modified Glendale (internally named "bloodra") or Oceanic (internally named "bloodrb"). Being vehicles outfitted for demolition derbies, Bangers typically feature unconventional color schemes, including some with checkered roofs. Being fitted with protection bars all around its body, the car won't get any visual damage after bumps and scratches with other vehicles. Also, they have only one license plate, the rear one, partially covered by the protection bars. Another minor difference is the roof-mounted racing numbers on Bloodring Bangers in the PlayStation 2 and PC versions; while the PS2 version has scribbled numbers, the same signage is completely black in PC versions, likely a programming mistake during porting.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, however, only the Glendale is used, and unlike any of the Bloodring Bangers in its previous appearances, there are no doors. Instead, when CJ has to enter the vehicle, he climbs in through the window (although girlfriends or recruited gang members can access the car the same way).
While the GTA Vice City renditions of the Bloodring Banger sport well-known Vice City and Liberty City businesses as sponsors, GTA San Andreas' Bloodring Bangers do not feature any advertising. The following ones are:
- Beef Bandit
- Dunk Your Nuts
- Flash FM
- Kaufman Cabs
- Musty Pines
- The Nut Sack
- Rockstar Games
- Shaft Hot Dogs
- Vinyl Countdown
- Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company
- Emotion 98.3
- Funky Product
- Rockstar North
- Shaft Hot Dogs
- Shon-A1 Motors
Version History Gallery
Performance wise, the vehicles receive great modifications. The car retains its rear-wheel drive configuration, but acceleration, horsepower, and speed for the car is very good, being much faster than the original Glendale and Oceanic. The vehicles are great for ramming, because of the improved speed, metal protection bars, and greater pushing power. As said, the metal bars on the outside provide much better collision armor, though its bulletproofing stays just slightly better than the normal Glendale or Oceanic. However, it cannot be modified in any mod shop. It has much tighter suspensions, which results in tighter cornering. The Oceanic Banger in GTA Vice City is lighter than the Oceanic, while the Glendale Banger is heavier than the Glendale.
Bloodring Bangers are only capable of seating two, unlike the Glendale and Oceanic, which both seat four.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Football statue in front of the Corvin Stadium (after completing "Blood Bowl"), Foster Valley, San Fierro.
- The Bloodring Banger plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- GTA San Andreas: K-Rose.
- Bloodring Bangers in both games may appear with any of 6 racing numbers.
- bloodra (VC): #11, #41, #48, #59, #73 or #83
- bloodra (SA): #100, #172, #284, #328, #469 or #505.
- In San Andreas, by making the Bloodring Banger spawn while a garage door is closing, there is a chance the it will spawn a model with no racing numbers
- The "bloodrb" model, textures and handling line exist in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but they are not used. However, it does not appear to be based on the Oceanic, but on another Glendale, similar to the "bloodra" in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The model is highly corrupted, so in-game it appears glitchy, but works properly. The model and textures are directly taken from Vice City, even the rims. It is unknown if it is an error from the game data or a result of spawning it into the game.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, if an NPC is angered and proceeds to pull CJ out of it, he will do so, but CJ will fall through the panel that is in place for the door, as if it was not there. Also, policemen are able to bust CJ without opening the door and pulling him out. Oddly, if an NPC is in a Bloodring Banger, CJ cannot steal the car from him or pull the NPC out of it.
- The Bloodring Banger in GTA San Andreas has an unrealistically low price of $500 which is the same as RC Bandit and RC Tiger. The basic Glendale costs $20000 in comparison.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found