- "I'm a man of peace, but some squares across that ridge are not respecting my peace. They're survivalist maniacs! Right-wingers! Fascists! They have a Harvester and I need one. Go get it."
- ― The Truth
Body Harvest is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by pot-growing hippie The Truth from the U Get Inn Motel in the town of Angel Pine in Whetstone, San Andreas.
Carl enters a motel room and finds a drugged Tenpenny. Tenpenny then introduces The Truth to Carl, and vice versa, saying that Carl will pay for the weed Tenpenny will require Carl to deliver. The Truth learns a little more about Carl and says Carl gives off a positive feeling. Afterward, he tells Carl that before he pays the weed, he must steal a combine harvester from a farm run by survivalists up in Flint County.
Carl heads for The Farm. When he arrives, he makes his way to the back of the farm, all while avoiding or killing the Rifle and Shovel-wielding survivalists. He arrives at the combine harvester's location and steals it. Again, the survivalists continue to shoot, and even pursue him, but he safely makes his way back to The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. The Truth thanks him for his actions and says he'll call Carl when the weed is ready.
Later, Cesar calls Carl. He informs Carl of the situation back at Los Santos; his gang, the Varrios Los Aztecas, have been seriously weakened, and he, probably along with Kendl, has a price on their head. Values mean no more to people of Los Santos. However, both of them are still safe. Carl instructs Cesar to get out of town with Kendl and rent a trailer in Angel Pine, and that he'll meet them later.
Go to the farm. Be sure to have armor and a good gun like the SMG with you. Make your way through the farm, killing everyone (it is easier than avoiding them). When you start walking into the farm, a tractor will come from behind. Kill the driver as quickly as possible. You can take the dead attacker's rifle. It will help you in this as well as future missions. Once you get in the combine harvester, just drive out of the farm. When you are leaving the farm, some farmers will chase you in vehicles. It would be better to get out of the vehicle and kill them than to let them chase you. Deliver the Combine Harvester to The Truth's farm and you will pass the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get to the farm where the combine harvester is located
- The combine harvester is located at the field towards the back of the farm
- Get into the farm and steal the combine harvester
- Take the combine harvester back to The Truth's farm
Drive over the farmers with the combine to grind them up. Their mangled remains will come out of the back.
- When initially entering the cultist farm, drive all the way to the wall. Leaving the car is dangerous as the cultists will try to drive tractors into the player's way and shoot at CJ with the country rifle, this can damage and quickly kill CJ.
- The name of the mission is a reference to the Nintendo 64 game Body Harvest, produced by Rockstar North when they were DMA Design. It is arguably Rockstar's first free-roaming 3D adventure, setting the precedent for GTA III to follow.
- It is possible to complete this mission without killing any of the farmers if the players wishes to do so.
- The use of the Combine Harvester is also similar to Body Harvest; a part in the game involves the use of a combine harvester to run over zombies. The body parts and blood churn out of the Combine Harvester the same way in Body Harvest.
- This is one of two missions where Tenpenny appears without his partner, Eddie Pulaski (the other one being End of the Line). It is unknown as to what Pulaski is doing during the events of this mission though it may be suggested that he is "off-duty".
- The Combine Harvester is scripted to churn out hay when it is driving over The Farm's field. This is the only instance of Combine Harvester which can do such.
- In this mission, the Combine Harvester can take a lot of bullets before being destroyed.
- The music playing in the motel as CJ arrives is Nautilus by Bob James. The song can otherwise be heard on Master Sounds 98.3
- Some survivalists only have one bullet in their rifles; if they run out of ammo, they will attack the player with their fists.