- If you are looking for the ice-cream version of the Boxville, see Mr Tasty.
The Brute Boxville is a multi-stop truck or walk-in delivery van featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V.
The Boxville has a rather generic design, and most closely resembles a Chevrolet or GMC Step Van that ranges from the late 1970s to the early 1990s.
The body resembles a Ford/Utilimaster step van. It is still the heaviest delivery van in all the GTA games. The vehicle is now manufactured by Brute and sounds heavier than before. The LSDS & LSWP Boxvilles features 4 strobe lights that can be activated.
The Boxville's speed and handling is mostly the same as any large vehicle, with a top speed leveling off at around 111 miles per hour. Due to its large size and weight, it suffers from poor steering and handling, and its tires lose grip with the road much easier. Because of its high center of gravity, it is prone to tipping over if driven on rough, uneven terrain. However, its large size can be used as an advantage; It can easily ram smaller cars off the road.HD Universe
In GTA IV, the vehicle has become even heavier, slower, and harder to turn at high speeds. The Boxville comes back in GTA V with a much stronger engine, which appears to be a V8 turbo-diesel. It also handles like a truck and has a truck horn; therefore it is considered "Industrial" instead of a "Van".
GTA San Andreas features a specialized variant of the Boxville, referred officially as a Boxville, named internally in game files as a "boxburg" (a possible short form of "Boxville Burglary"), and unofficially dubbed the "Boxville Black" or "Black Boxville".
Differences from a standard Boxville include its unique dark gray body color and a quieter engine (using the same engine noise as the Pony). The van is integral to the game's burglary sub-missions that take place at night, and is prominently used in one mission where Carl Johnson has to steal Colonel Fuhrberger's weapons for Ryder before sunrise.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
- Commonly spawns in industrial districts and seaports in major cities, as well as rural areas.
- Sometimes seen in the parking lot behind the Well-Stacked Pizza in Blueberry and Red County.
- Across the street from the gym in Ganton, Los Santos, between the blue row of houses across from where Denise lives.
- Behind the building across from the fire station in Doherty, San Fierro.
- Behind the building closest to the southeast freeway exit in Pilgrim, Las Venturas.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Parked in front of Printing Works.
- A special black and white Boxville can be obtained after you complete the mission Domo Arigato Domestoboto.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Common around Acter Industrial Park.
- Common around Bohan Industrial in Bohan.
- Commonly spawns in a small garage lot on Nickel Street, just under the overpass of Galveston Avenue. Spawns in the same position online as well.
- Usually seen at the Port of Los Santos.
- A Humane Labs and Research variant can be obtained during the preparation of The Jewel Store Job if the player has chosen the 'smart' approach.
- The Postal Van version can occasionaly be seen pulling out of alleys in the city
- The Boxville can be found in Rockstar North's Manhunt in the form of a police utility van for the Carcer City Police Department.
- The Boxville plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- A white Boxville can be found in Rockstar Vancouver's Bully. It is a parked vehicle and plays no part in the storyline.
- Claude Speed is seen using a vehicle similar to a Boxville in the short film for GTA 2.
- In San Andreas, the front license plate of the Boxville used in Home Invasion reads "SWAG" when damaged.
- The Boxville has a tendency to fall over in sharp turns. this is a huge flaw, since the vehicle is used as a getaway vehicle in some missions throughout the series.
- After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie, he agrees to purchase cars from Niko Bellic, with the Boxville fetching $1,800.
- In GTA IV the Boxville has a unique NPC that drives it. It usually is a delivery man character.
- In the BradyGames guidebook for GTA V, the Boxville is listed twice.
- Oddly, variants that features strobe lights can apart other vehicles, just like emergency vehicles.