- "Perfect for knocking out gold teeth, or as a gift to the trophy partner who has everything."
- — GTA V Description
Brass Knuckles (known as Knuckledusters in the HD Universe) are a type of melee weapon featured in every 3D Universe game since Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and are featured in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, as part of the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 Update.
- "Sneaky wimps' way of punching. Highly illegal."
- ―GTA Vice City website
Brass Knuckles are metal devices with holes punched through them, intended to be worn on the fingers while the fist is clenched. They are meant to increase the force of a punch, while minimizing the initial force needed to throw an arm, and when used properly, they create massive damage against an intended target and can kill with only 2 or 3 direct hits. Brass Knuckles have been available in the 3D Universe since Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, except in Grand Theft Auto Advance. In each game, the force of a single Brass Knuckle punch is enough to knock a person to the ground; in which another attack will immediately kill them.
"Knuckledusters" were added to Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online in the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update on July 8, 2015, they are available from Ammu-nation in a standard smooth brass finish and the enhanced version allows the player to select from a range of 9 customised engraved and bejewelled options. Notable features includes:
- Base Model: Basic version with engravings of roses.
- The Pimp: Four bejewelled squares at the front with 4 jewels each (Red-White-White-Red) and more jewels.
- The Rock: Silver variant with white jewels on the borders, giving it a metallic design.
- The King: Four squares with crowns at the front, black and white starts and a pair of "LS" letters paired together and 2 more crowns.
- The Hustler: Four Dollar signs ($) at the front and a "leopard" skin.
- The Player: Four bejewelled spades at the front with 1 white and 2 red jewels each one, with a playing cards themed skin and 5 engraved "A"s.
- The Lover: "LOVE" text at the front, bejewelled in white jewels and hearts skin.
- The Hater: "HATE" text at the front, bejewelled in red jewels and a skin of razor wire.
- The Ballas: Four spikes at the front, marked with an engraved Ballas logo.
- The Vagos: Four squares with Los Santos Vagos logos and engraved guns and roses.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ocean Beach, Vice Beach - In the Front Page Café North alley doorway to the West behind the Café, just North of Ocean View Hotel.
- Worn by the bodyguards in the Malibu Club.
- Commerce, Los Santos - In the alley beside Roboi's Food Mart.
- Ganton, Los Santos - Underneath the south end of the bridge beside Ryder's home.
- Calton Heights, San Fierro - Behind some car garages northwest of the Calton Heights Safehouse.
- Las Payasadas, Bone County - Behind a small building across the street north of the large Pecker's Feed & Seed chicken.
- Trenton, Portland Island - Spawns in an alleyway next to the Mean Street Taxis.
- Fort Staunton, Staunton Island - In an alleyway next to Charlie's Liquor Bar.
- Downtown, Vice City Mainland - In an alleyway across the south of the dirt track.
- Ocean Beach, Vice Beach - On the grassy area across the Ammu-Nation.
- Can be bought at Ammu-Nation.
- Can be bought at Ammu-Nation.
- In some missions when the player must enter somewhere unarmed, the knuckles won't be thought to be a weapon.
- In GTA San Andreas, once the player has dated with Katie and Barbara, and they equip the Brass Knuckles, it cannot be discarded and it will be equipped permanently.
- In GTA Vice City Stories, the player will always lose it when saving the game.
- The engravings of a gun and roses under the Knuckleduster is a reference to the American rock band Guns N' Roses.