Brazil is the largest country in both South America and the Latin American region. It is the world's fifth largest country by geographical area and the sixth by population. It is the largest Lusophone country in the world, and the only one in the Americas.
It is bordered on the north by Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname and the French overseas region of French Guiana; on the northwest by Colombia; on the west by Bolivia and Peru; on the southwest by Argentina and Paraguay and on the south by Uruguay.
The Brazilian economy is the world's ninth largest by nominal GDP and eighth largest by PPP. A member of the BRIC group, Brazil has one of the world's fastest growing major economies, with its economic reforms giving the country new international recognition and influence.
It is mentioned many times in the GTA series.
Grand Theft Auto III
- All the newspaper from the Liberty Tree comes from Brazil, as seen in the Liberty Tree Wins Award. No New Information article.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- A Brazilian flag can be seen at a store near the The Greasy Chopper.
- Brazil is mentioned in the song Breaks by Kurtis Blow in the Wildstyle radio station.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- In San Fierro, there is a waxing clinic that provides a service called "Brazilian Waxing".
- Herr Gruber's Spa is an international spa business owned by Herr Gruber, who has opened spas all around the world including such countries as Germany, Switzerland & Brazil. The business can be heard on commercials.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- The Carioca Latin Dance is a Brazilian dancing school.
- There are grocery stores called "Verdi". This is a misspelling of "verde", which means "green" in Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Portuguese.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- There is a Brazilian store located in Hove Beach, Broker.
- There is a pedestrian model that speaks Brazilian Portuguese. He appears to be a young, light-skinned, Latino man who usually wears a blue or brown denim jacket, a hoodie, or a large t-shirt/sports jersey over a longer-sleeved shirt. He is always wearing light or dark blue jeans with sneakers or boots. He may have a bald head or cropped hair. This model is also shared by a pedestrian who speaks Puerto Rican Spanish. He is commonly found in neighborhoods that have significant Latino populations (East Holland, Northwood, South Bohan, Cerveza Heights, Acter, Tudor, etc...). Alternatively, a similar appearing pedestrian with darker skin who speaks Dominican Spanish may spawn in these neighborhoods instead.
- There is a also second pedestrian model that speaks Brazilian Portuguese. He appears as an older, tan-skinned, Latino man who usually wears a hoodie zipped half-way up or a sleeveless shirt with chains, cargo shorts with long socks or jeans with sneakers, and may or may not wear a head bandanna. This model is also shared by a drug dealing pedestrian who speaks Spanish. The most common place to find him is uptown Algonquin (North Holland, East Holland and Northwood). Both of these pedestrians, while primarily speaking Brazilian Portuguese, also use words and phrases in English in their dialogue, albeit spoken with a Rio de Janeiro accent.
Episodes from Liberty City
- The song "Kid Conga" by Daniel Haaksman is in Brazilian Portuguese. It plays on Electro-Choc.
- "Sepultura", a Brazilian rock band, is on LCHC.
- Arnaud used to hang out with Brazilian prostitutes.
- During the mission "Departure Time", Luis Fernando Lopez suggests that Gay Tony should move to Brazil.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The Caipira Airways is a Brazilian airline. Caipira also means a redneck in Brazilian Portuguese, although it could be a reference to a famous drink called Caipirinha.
- Brazil is shown in a financial graphic during the film Meltdown as the third most powerful economy in the world just behind the United Kingdom and the USA.
- On the Epsilon Program's website is said that they have a house of worship in São Paulo.
- In GTA V, a pedestrian can be found saying he is espiritually Brazilian, he is commonly found around West Vinewood and Burton's Los Santos Customs.
- The San Andreas Flight School Update added an Brazil Chute Bag in the game.
- The Marshall can be purchased with a Brazilian Paint job.
- In GTA Online, players can customize their Yachts with a Brazilian flag (Enhanced version only).
- The song "Rhythm of the Night", featured in Non-Stop-Pop FM, is sung by the brazilian singer Olga Souza, the vocalist of the band "Corona".
- On the PS4/Xbox One/PC versions of the game, the Brazilian song "No Balanço da Canoa" by Maga Bo has been added. It can be listened on WorldWide FM.