|Federative Republic of Brazil
República Federativa do Brasil (Portuguese)
|Motto: Ordem e progresso (Order and progress)|
|Anthem: Hino Nacional Brasileiro
|Largest city||São Paulo|
|Official language(s)||Brazilian Portuguese|
|Establishment||September 7, 1822 (as Empire of Brazil)|
November 15, 1889 (as Federative Republic of Brazil)
|-||estimate||201,032,714 (as of 2013)|
Brazil is the largest country in both South America and the Latin American region. It is the world's fifth largest country, both by geographical area and by population. It is the largest Lusophone country in the world, and the only one in the Americas.
It is bordered on the north by Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname and the French overseas region of French Guiana; on the northwest by Colombia; on the west by Bolivia and Peru; on the southwest by Argentina and Paraguay and on the south by Uruguay.
The Brazilian economy is the world's seventh largest. A member of the BRIC group, Brazil has one of the world's fastest growing major economies, with its economic reforms giving the country new international recognition and influence.
It is mentioned many times in the GTA series.
Grand Theft Auto III
- All the newspaper from the Liberty Tree comes from Brazil, as seen in the Liberty Tree Wins Award. No New Information article.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- A Brazilian flag can be seen at a store near the The Greasy Chopper.
- Brazil is mentioned in the song Breaks by Kurtis Blow in the Wildstyle radio station.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- In San Fierro, there is a waxing clinic that provides a service called Brazilian Waxing.
- Herr Gruber's Spa is an international spa business owned by Herr Gruber, who has opened spas all around the world including such countries as Germany, Switzerland & Brazil. The business can be heard on commercials.
GTA Vice City Stories
- The Carioca Latin Dance is a Brazilian dancing school.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- There is a Brazilian store located in Hove Beach, Broker.
- There is a pedestrian that speaks Brazilian Portuguese, he wears a blue jacket with white stripes and a number 68 in the back, he is commonly found in northern Algonquin. He will verbally attack the player if provoked.
Episodes from Liberty City
- The song "Kid Conga" by Daniel Haaksman is in Brazilian Portuguese. It plays on Electro-Choc.
- "Sepultura", a Brazilian rock band, is on LCHC.
- Arnaud used to hang out with Brazilian prostitutes.
- During the mission "Departure Time", Luis Fernando Lopez suggests that Gay Tony should move to Brazil.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The Caipira Airways is a Brazilian airline. Caipira also means a redneck in Brazilian Portuguese, although it could be a reference to a famous drink called Caipirinha.
- Brazil is shown in a financial graphic during the film Meltdown, as the third most powerful economy in the world just behind the United Kingdom and the USA.
- On the Epsilon Program's website is said that they have a house of worship in São Paulo.
- In GTA V, a pedestrian can be found saying he is espiritually Brazilian, he is commonly found around West Vinewood and Burton's Los Santos Customs.
- The San Andreas Flight School Update added an Brazil Chute Bag in the game.
- The Marshall can be purchased with a Brazilian Paint job.
- On the PS4/Xbox One/PC versions of the game, the Brazilian song "No Balanço da Canoa" by Maga Bo has been added. It can be listened on WorldWide FM.