- "It's not clever and it's not pretty but, most of the time, neither is the guy coming at you with a knife. When all else fails, this gets the job done."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The broken bottle is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal encounters. In GTA Online, the weapon can be bought at Ammu-Nation for free whilst it will be automatically added to the player's inventory in single player.
- Unlike the knife and the Antique Cavalry Dagger, this weapon cannot be used in water.
- When viewed in First-person Mode in the Enhanced Version, the bottle is revealed to have Stronzo stickers on it.
- The idea of the bottle was derived from some movies, where a character grabs a bottle, breaks it and use it as a knife.