Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brucie's Races are a series of races in Grand Theft Auto IV.
There are nine races that can be accessed through the phone by going to Phonebook - Brucie - Race. The races are given to the player in a random order, but all nine must be completed before repeating one. The races are given dependent on the player's location on the map; if the player is in Broker, for example, only races pertinent to Broker will be given.
Each race consists of the player and five other vehicles. Niko is always that last car to arrive and therefore always gets the rearmost starting position.
All races award the player $500. Achieving first place in 20 races will award the player the achievement or trophy Genetically Superior. It is required to win all nine races at least once for 100% completion.
|Image||Circuit Name||Starting Point||Laps|
|South Broker||South Slopes, Broker||3|
|Airport Run||Willis, Dukes||3|
|Dukes Boulevard||East Island City, Dukes||3|
|South Algonquin||Castle Garden City, Algonquin||3|
|Star Junction||Star Junction, Algonquin||5|
|Road to Bohan||North Holland, Algonquin||3|
|North Alderney||Westdyke, Alderney||5|
|Elevated||Alderney City, Alderney||3|
|South Alderney||Tudor, Alderney||3|
The classes applies only to opponent cars. The player can bring in any vehicle to the race except for emergency vehicles, boats, and helicopters.
** Due to class glitch
- The race will start immediately if you bump one of the other competitors with your vehicle.
- At the start of the race, you can call Brucie to forfeit the race. When you do, cancel the phone call as it is ringing. You then would notice all the other competitors have started to drive off leaving you able to proceed with the race whilst the other drivers are gone or in some cases they have to do an extra lap.
- During the race, the player can shoot out the opponents' tires without forfeiting the race. However, if the player shoots the car too much and causes the fuel tanks to combust, the race will automatically fail.
- After the race, competitors' vehicles can be freely stolen without affecting Brucie's like percentage. However, they generally disappear unless you have them in sight when the race ends.
- The player can deduce the cars used by the opponents by observing the traffic. For example, a large presence of muscle cars would infer that the opponents' cars would be muscle cars too.