He is just a new employer for Victor and Lance Vance when he provides missions for them, and aids Victor on his rise in power in Vice City. His white suit and pink shirt resemble those of Sonny Crockett from the 1980s Miami Vice television series and also shares the same color with Lance's outfit in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Lance soon finds out that he is an undercover cop, and he and Victor capture him and take him to an abandoned building where they tie him up and get some info from him. He is killed by Victor when he tries to escape after duping Lance and Victor into entering a gay white supremacist bar, Lance did not have any intention of killing him because he did not yet reveal where a big cocaine shipment was, however Lance learns that Jerry Martinez will be receiving the shipment.
Later on, in the mission The Mugshot Longshot, Lance uses Forbes's ID card to prove to Armando Mendez that Jerry Martinez tried to steal Mendez's Cocaine. He sticks Martinez's photo onto Forbes's ID card to fabricate that Martinez is an FBI agent.
The official Vice City Stories website features a news report with pictures of a man in the same suit with his face blurred. The news report mentions "Agent BF," leading some to believe that the man in the picture is indeed Bryan Forbes.
GTA Vice City Stories
- The Audition (Voice)
- Money for Nothing (Boss)
- Caught as an Act (Betrayal)
- Leap and Bound (Boss)
- The Bum Deal (Boss/Killed)
- Bryan Forbes originally had a moustache in the beta version.
- There might have been a different story line with Forbes, as in one of the screenshots of GTA VCS prior to release date shows Vic Vance driving Forbes while being shot at by the Mendez Brothers. There is no mission similar to this game.
- Forbes outfit looks exactly like Miami Vice's star Don Johnson who was a cop just like him, his outfit also serves as a hint of him being an undercover cop.
- In the mission Caught As An Act, Forbes attempts to escape in a Stinger, which is an apparent homage to Sonny Crockett's Ferrari Daytona Spyder replica driven by Don Johnson in the Miami Vice series.