- "The latest Chinese import taking America by storm, this rifle is known for its balanced handling. Lightweight and very controllable in automatic fire."
- ―GTA V decription on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
Design and Performance
The Bullpup Rifle is based on a mish-mash of various elements of Chinese assault rifles; it has the overall shape and lower handguard of a QBZ-95-1, the rear section of a Type 86S, the selector switch from a QBZ-95 and the forward section and cooling vents are lifted from a LAPA FA-03. It also appears to have an M16 style front sight/gas block. Unlike the QBZ-95-1, the picatinny rail carry handle is totally flat.
The rifle has the same damage per bullet as the Carbine Rifle and has a much greater rate of fire than the Advanced Rifle giving it solid damage per second. Though the accuracy is a bit mediocre being equal to the Assault Rifle, grip and scope attachments can help compensate for this.
Compared to the Advanced Rifle, it is roughly a tradeoff of damage per shot for an increased rate of fire. This means the clip will empty faster and total damage output is lower when using the Bullpup Rifle, but damage per second is roughly equal while increasing the chances of headshots.
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by |
Requiring improvement: Prices
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V||GTA Online (Unlock)|
|Default clip (30 rounds)||Default||Default|
|Extended clip (60 rounds)||$|
|Flashlight (provides ilumination when aiming)||$|
|Scope (expands field of view)||$|
|Grip (increases accuracy and stability)|
|Suppressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range)||$|
|Green (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7500|
|Orange (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)|
|Pink (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7500|
|Gold (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$10000|
|Platinum (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$12500|
- Artwork of the rifle released during the run-up to The High Life Update suggests that it was originally going to be modeled after the L85A2, featuring the same receiver, handguard, charging handle and carrying handle.
- According to markings on the gun, Hawk & Little produces this weapon, which contradicts its description of being a Chinese import, or it might be manufactured under the original manufacturer's license, such as other weapons in real life.
- In the enhanced version, if a scope is attached, it will move downwards slightly when reloading. This is more easily seen in the first person mode.