- "More than makes up for its slow, pump-action rate of fire with its range and spread. Decimates anything in its projectile path."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The weapon is based on the Kel-Tec KSG, only having a boxier and more squared profile and lacking iron sights on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions only. However, the same was redesigned with iron sights on the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions.
It is available for free in the Special/Collector's edition of the game after completing the mission, Franklin and Lamar and it will be available for free in-game at Ammu-Nation. In the PS4/Xbox One/PC versions of the game, however, the Bullpup Shotgun is available to all players to buy for in-game currency. If one had the Special/Collector's edition of the game on last gen, however, they will still get it for free like the Pistol .50 and Hammer.
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help GTA Wiki by |
Requiring improvement: Pricing
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V||GTA Online (Unlock)|
|Default clip (rounds)||Default||Default|
|Extended clip (rounds)||$|
|Grip (increases accuracy and improves stability)|
|Flashlight (provides ilumination when aiming)||$|
|Suppressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range)||$|
|Army||$100||$5000 (Kill 100 players)|
|Green (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7500 (Kill 200 players)|
|Orange (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||(Kill 400 players)|
|LSPD||$600||$5750 (Kill 600 players)|
|Pink (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$7500 (Rank 50)|
|Gold (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$10000 (Rank 75)|
|Platinum (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$12500 (Rank 100)|
Most statistics are exactly equal to that of the regular Pump Shotgun. However, the Bullpup Shotgun has an higher capacity (14 instead of 8), and may be improved with a grip that the regular shotgun cannot have. For this reason, accuracy is slightly better than that of the regular shotgun, when upgraded.
It should be noted that this weapon is free in GTA Online and unlocked at level 1, allowing its use much earlier than the regular shotgun. A player who has the Bullpup Shotgun can completely ignore the regular Shotgun for all these reasons.
The damage per pellet is a mediocre 14, and if all pellets hit the target, can go to a full 114 damage. This is a rather low damage profile, and it is advised to aim towards the head in order to have more chances to score a one-hit kill. Even worse, the delay between two shots is a full second, making the fire rate a maximal 60 RPM, which is outclassed by the pump shotgun.
The grip is an helpful attachment to increase the accuracy, and allow more pellets to hit a target. The flashlight can help during nighttime engagements. The suppressor, however, isn't recommendable, as it worsens the weapon's damage profile which is already low, and the range.
Being a rather well-rounded firearm and available after completing the second mission of the main game, it can be used to the player's advantage during missions such as Repossession or The Long Stretch.
- Unlike the KSG, which has two selectable ammo tubes of 7 rounds each, the Bullpup Shotgun does not allow this, instead treating both tubes as one long tube of 14 rounds.
- Oddly, the HUD icon for the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 version of the game had iron sights on the weapon, while the PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC icon lacks the sights. In-game, however, the opposite is true: the PS3/XB360 version lacks the iron sights, while the XB1/PS4/PC version has them. This trait is also shared with the Assault Shotgun.
- Unlike most other shotguns in-game, the Bullpup Shotgun fires off slugs rather than pellets.