The Bureau of Narcotics is a law enforcement agency in Grand Theft Auto IV based on the DEA. Like the DEA, their main purpose is to combat drug smuggling and use. They feature no prominent role in GTA IV, and are only mentioned in a news report on The Liberty Tree's website about a joint raid on a mobile meth lab (which takes the shape of a Boxville) with the LCPD and NOOSE. It is then revealed in another report that the Bureau seized the meth lab to educate people about the dangers of methamphetamine.
- The only known agent is Albert Thomas, who acts as a spokesperson for the Bureau of Narcotics. His statements to The Liberty Tree imply that the Bureau is involved in illegal practices, such as helping cocaine smugglers in Vice City and producing and smoking methamphetamine.
- The preceding agencies of the DEA were the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, which may have been influences when naming the agency.
- The mobile meth lab that the Bureau of Narcotics seized is listed as a classified on Craplist.net.
- The abreviationn of the name is possibly a pun on the French word "Bon" meaning good. This is ironic, considering the aforementioned illegal activities.
- It's possible that the Bureau is affiliated with the Drug Observation Agency, due to both of their involvement's in the combating of drugs. The only difference between the two is that the DOA is featured in GTA V as well.
|Introduced in GTA IV: LCPD • ASP • LCPA • ASDOC • NOOSE • FIB |
Introduced in GTA CW: IAD • Military
Introduced in GTA V: LSPD • LSSD • IAA • SAHP • SAPR • LSPA
SASPA • NYSP • SACG
Introduced in GTA Online: DOA
Mentioned only: BON • CIA • Globalpol