- Armando: "So, you're finished. Diego, they're finished."
- Diego: "Que bueno."
- Armando: "And none of us are dead. The civilized work life of gentlemen. We have our money and so, you are free. You must leave town, of course, and give us control of your other interests. But you...your families...no one will die. This is fair."
- —Armando and Diego Mendez present their ultimatum to the Vance brothers
Lance and Victor Vance go to the Mendez mansion and are told by Armando and Diego that they are free, as long as they leave Vice City and give their assets to them. Lance and Victor refuse and are attacked by Mendez goons. They are taken to a fuel depot in Viceport, stripped of their weapons, and are placed beside three oil and gas tankers. They are then attacked by a Mendez goon who accidentally shoots one of the tankers, causing it to explode, accidentally killing some of the Mendez goons. Victor escapes the area, shooting the other tankers to blow up the place and killing the remaining goons, as he escapes on a PCJ-600, whilst Lance manages to escape in the ensuing chaos. The two meet up shortly after and decide to split up, realizing that they are now the enemies of the Mendez Cartel. After this Victor realizes Mendez's betrayal and cuts his ties with them.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Find your way back inside the fuel depot
- Rescue Lance before the pressure causes the tanks to explode
- Shoot the valves to turn off the oil
- All the fires are out - find Lance
- Get to the exit before this place blows
Post mission pager message
Lance Vance: The shit's about to hit the fan Bro'. But. I got us covered...
There is no reward for this mission, although the mission Blitzkrieg Strikes Again is unlocked. Following the mission, the Mendez Cartel become hostile to Vic when he attempts to take over one of their empire sites.
- Victor is stripped of his weapons after the player regains control at Viceport, but there is a way to regain them. After the cutscene of Lance setting the oil tanker on fire concludes, Vic will be standing next to a building. If the player walks down the side of the building and turns a corner, some of Vic's weapons will be there, though AK-47s, Miniguns etc will not. The weapons must be collected whilst the mission is in progress, as they will disappear once the mission ends.
- The "exploding fuel depot" phenomenon is reused in Grand Theft Auto V in the mission Something Sensible, where Franklin Clinton and Michael De Santa shoots a gas tank in order to kill Trevor Philips in the resulting fire and explosion.