Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Special Cargo Buy missions are dangerous, multi-part missions that call for a coordinated team of Associates to complete successfully. Buy missions range in scope and size, from police stings to high-speed pursuits, helicopter ambushes and more."
- — Rockstar Newswire description
Buy missions are the missions the player does to get crates. Buy missions have a cool down on them, so doing the mission that gets the player the most amount of crates, three, is recommended. Buy missions are initiated in the player's office at the Securoserv terminal. An important thing to note is that a player can only pick up one crate, meaning they can't pick up two crates at the same time. However, one person can deliver a crate and then go back to grab another one until all the crates are gone. Buy missions must take place in a public session, so it is recommended to find a small session or make sure no one is going to try and steal the crates or kill the player.
Note: Having more than one warehouse is one method of bypassing the cooldown timer on buy missions.
Buying 1 crate at a time is more cost effective than 3 crates at a time, though 3 crates is more time effective. 1 crate= $2,000 2 crates = $8,000 ($4,000 per crate) 3 crates= $18,000 ($6,000 per crate)
A Large WH takes 37 three crate missions to fill costing $666,000 and sells for $2,220,000 (or $1,554,000 total profit) at $42,000 profit per buy mission. A Large WH takes 111 single crate missions to fill costing $222,000 and sells for $2,220,000 (or $1,998,000 total profit) at $18,000 profit per buy mission. Meaning you make roughly 28% more money total profit but spend 3x longer to make it, though the more crates you purchase at once generally the harder the retrieval mission is and the larger the risk you take. Still at a profit margin of 18k per mission one could make more money with no risk at all by simply doing VIP missions instead.
Essentially, after the player has accessed the Office computer, they will have the option to purchase a small crate package ($2,000), medium crate package ($8,000) or large crate package ($18,000). Once selected, the mission begins and the plot to which the player gains the crates is randomised. There are multiple scenarios, some more common than others:
- Multiple vans, such as the Speedo or Pony will spawn in an area marked on the map. Once of the vans has the cargo inside. The player has to steal the van that contains the crates which will be visible in the rear compartment. Once stolen, and after losing any wanted level gained, the player has to deliver the singular van to the warehouse. Only one delivery is necessary as all crates are contained within the same van.
- A plane containing crates has crashed. The plane may spawn crashed in Lake Vinewood, where multiple Sheriff SUVs will be on scene responding to the crash. The crates will be submerged under water and if the player bought 2 or more crates, they will have to make multiple collections. They have to be taken to the warehouse. The plane may also spawn in Grapeseed or the Grand Senora Desert where the player will arrive to a similar scenario. The objective remains the same across all spawn locations of this mission.
- A Mule is parked near the dealer but a last minute change of plan causes the dealer to change his mind and flee with the truck. The player must hijack the van, lose any tailing police and deliver the truck. This is a singular delivery, regardless of how many crates were purchased. The Mule tends to spawn in Chumash.
- Similar to the latter case, a Mule will spawn parked in Chumash containing the loot. No plot twist, the player simply has to steal the truck and deliver it to the warehouse. Again, this is a singular delivery, meaning all crates are found within the same truck.
- Crates, typically containing drugs, are found in a van, sometimes being a Paradise or Journey. The van has to be located via Trackify and will usually be found around the backstreets of Rockford Hills, Alta or Vespucci Beach. When the player arrives, they may find ambush vehicles such as Unmarked Cruisers (police ambush) or Bensons (gang ambush) which are ready to ambush the dealer. The player must take down any enemies in the area and steal the van. In police ambush scenarios, the player will be given a 4 star wanted level. In gang scenarios, the player may be tailed by any surviving gang members using any vehicle remaining in the lot.
- A Valkyrie transporting Merryweather units is carrying packages. The Valkyrie must be shot down. When shot down, the Merryweather units will begin parachuting to safety - the player has to kill these members and the packages they were carrying begin to fall to the ground. On ground, the packages are separated in cases rather than crates. Merryweather units will arrive in Merryweather Mesas to attempt to take down the player. This is a multiple delivery, meaning the player will have to make multiple journeys to and fro the packages to deliver them to the warehouse, as they are found on foot. This also means the player needs to find their own means of transport.
- Playing in empty Public sessions avoids the risk of other players or members of other organisations destroying the cargo before/after the player collects it.
- Sticking to air vehicles in any case is best as the risk of the cargo spawning in air vehicles such as the Valkyrie scenario may waste the player's time for gaining a helicopter. In the event of being on land, it is advised to spawn a Buzzard Attack Chopper using the VIP options in the Interaction Menu.