|For the Checker Cab-based taxi in other GTA games, see Cabbie. For the sedan cabs, see Taxi.|
Like the Minivan, the Cabby resembles a fourth generation Dodge Caravan or Chrysler Voyager; for comparison, most real-life New York City Taxi minivans use the Honda Odyssey most commonly, and also the Chevrolet Venture, Ford Freestar, and Toyota Sienna as their base. However, with NYC Taxi, the Caravan and Voyager are still occasionally used.
While the vehicle bears a Schyster badge, rather than that of Vapid, the rear of the vehicle reads on the left side Minivan Cabby, and on the right side Limited Vapid designed. The Cabby differs from the Minivan only in braking and suspension, as described below, and in its taxi fleet markings. There is some minor cosmetic variation among Cabbys, including a variety of roof-mounted taxi signs, and the presence or absence of stickers, scuff bars, and black trimming above the sideskirts. The Cabby also features a wheelchair accessibility ramp at the rear bumper; however, it is non-functional.
Players can enter Cabby's and take taxi rides to destinations.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Cabby, based on the Minivan, retains the same engine, coupled a 5 speed gearbox and RWD layout, leading to slow acceleration and a poor top speed. The suspension has been slightly upgraded to cope with Algonquin's rough roads, and, accordingly, the Cabby handles much better than the Minivan. The brakes have also had a slight upgrade, giving the Cabby a shorter stopping distance. Accident deformation and engine build quality are sub-standard, as a direct collision can cause the engine and driver to be set alight.
GTA IV Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
(Number + Type)
(Kg / lb)
Top Speed (Handling.dat)
- The default radio stations in the Cabby are:
- The Cabby shares a very similar rim design as the Vauxhall version of the Opel Corsa Mk5 & 6. However, this is probably a coincidence, as the Cabby bears no other similar features to the Corsa, but similar to Vauxhall Zafira A.
- In real life, a rear-wheel drive van with a lowered floor would be impossible as the rear drive axle and shaft would penetrate into the cabin.
- The badges feature a spelling error; you can see the word "desgined" instead of "designed".
- The Cabby has a brief cameo in the ingame movie Meltdown which appears during the intro to the film along with the Taxi based on the first generation Stanier & the Police Patrol based on the Merit.