- "Caligula's has been a Venturas Institution for 30 years. Has always been Mob-controlled. No sooner does one Mob get dealt with than another moves in. Currently believed to be controlled by 3 major crime families from the east coast. New manager. Just out of rehab. Possible Mob connections."
- ―GTA San Andreas Website
Caligula's Palace (also Caligula's Casino) is a casino located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas, situated between The Clown's Pocket and Royal Casino. According to the game manual, it is the largest hotel in the world.
It is owned by the Sindacco Family, but later shared between the Leone Family and Forelli Family. It is one of the three accessible casinos, along with The Four Dragons Casino and Casino Floor. It features blackjack, roulette, video poker, and slot machines, as well as a large basement area and several hotel suites. The casino can still be accessed and gambled in after the mission Breaking the Bank at Caligula's, in which the casino is robbed by Carl Johnson and his associates.
Caligula's Palace is based on the Las Vegas casino Caesars Palace physically and in name (Julius Caesar and Caligula are both Roman emperors). Certain details are taken from other casinos, like the waterworks from the Bellagio (both being Italy-inspired, although Bellagio wasn't built until 1998 and Caesars Palace has an impressive water show of its own) or luminant green windows from the MGM Grand. As for its mafia management, the mafia had been mostly ran out of Las Vegas in the 1980s by the FBI, but the scenario might be based on a rumor that current casino billionaire Steve Wynn may have been connected with the Genovese crime family around 1985, all the way up to then-don Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno.
- The Roman Emperor whom this casino is named after, Caligula, was told throughout history to have been a sex freak; raping whomever he wished, whenever he wished and turning his palace into a brothel. The casino being named after Caligula hints at Rockstar's prolific sexual and adult humor.
- If the player reachs a 2-star or higher wanted level, policemen, or even soldiers will appear on the roof of the casino, with a number equal to the player's wanted level, shooting at the player. However, if the player starts walking closer to them, they will keep their distance. This could result in them falling from the roof, to their deaths as the roof doesn't have any rails, and the casino is very tall. CJ may also die if he had lost too much of his health before falling off, or being hit by explosions. If the player falls off the roof, but survive, the policemen who were left on the roof will jump after the player and die. This may be a path error.
- There is a pedestrian glitch involving the peds that spawn inside the casino. If the enters the casino, shot many pedestrians, and then go up to the roof of the building by the stairs, the same peds that have been killed in the casino will fall from the sky and land on the roof of the casino.
- The casino in the game is called "the largest hotel in the world" when in real life the largest is the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- The Caligula's Palace, unlike The Four Dragons casino is guarded by the Mafia.
- Most of the underground area remains accessible without problem out of missions, as there will be no guards defending this part of the casino. The keycard door leading to the garage remains locked however.