- "Tommy...some mob thugs...said they'd come to take their cut...said it was a Mr. Forello's money..."
- ― Earnest Kelly
Cap the Collector is the penultimate storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and the final mission given to protagonist Tommy Vercetti by Earnest Kelly from the Print Works in Little Haiti, Vice City.
Sonny is getting impatient with Tommy since he never paid him the money which was lost during the drug deal. He is also angry that he has cut off all his connections with him. Due to this he sends members of his family to attempt to tax Tommy's various business setups. After hearing that trouble is going down in the Print Works from a desperate Ken Rosenberg, Tommy heads to the Print Works only to find an injured Earnest Kelly. Earnest tells Tommy that some Forelli members came to take their cut for Sonny. Angered by this, Tommy orders the print workers to take Earnest to hospital while he goes to take care of the problem. Afterwards, Tommy finds Sonny's goons taxing his business and kills them.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The Mafia is taking your businesses. Find them and kill them
- You've capped the Collectors. More are on their way.
The reward for completing this mission is $30,000 and the final storyline mission, Keep Your Friends Close..., is unlocked.
- The collectors always head to the same assets and in the same order. If the player owns Sunshine Autos, they will head there first (if the first list has been completed). The second target is generally The Malibu Club or the film studio.
Post-mission phone call
- Lance Vance - Tommy, it's Lance. We got big problems. Come down here, right away.