- "Tommy...some mob thugs...said they'd come to take their cut...said it was a Mr. Forello's money..."
- ― Earnest Kelly
Cap the Collector is the penultimate storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and the final mission given to protagonist Tommy Vercetti by Earnest Kelly from the Print Works in Little Haiti, Vice City.
Sonny is getting impatient with Tommy since he never paid him the money which was lost during the drug deal. He is also angry that he has cut off all his connections with him. Due to this he sends members of his family to attempt to tax Tommy's various business setups. After hearing that trouble is going down in the Print Works from a desperate Ken Rosenberg, Tommy heads to the Print Works only to find Earnest beaten up. Earnest tells Tommy that some Forelli members came to take their cut for Sonny, Tommy becomes angry at this and tells Earnest to take some rest while he goes to take care of the problem. Afterwards, Tommy finds Sonny's goons taxing his business and kills them all. Tommy then gets a call from Lance to come immediately to Vercetti Estate because they have big problems.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The Mafia is taking your businesses. Find them and kill them
- You've capped the Collectors. More are on their way.
- Usually, there are three waves of business collectors.
- The collectors always head to the same assets and the same order. If you have Sunshine Autos, they will head there first(if the first list has been completed). A good strategy would be to understand the order and fail the mission once. Now move to the second or third target before the collectors reach the place and wait. You can then kill the collectors easily. Either use a heavy gun or when the bikes are visible, type the cheat "BIGBANG". The bike will explode, killing the collectors. The second target is generally The Malibu Club or the film studio.
- The Forelli members have the same model as Harry and Lee.