- Huang: "Any news on my father's killers, or that silly sword, Yu Jian?"
- Kenny: "Possibly. A wealthy buyer of expensive stolen artifacts is visiting the city."
- Huang: "Do you think he might be here to buy You Jian?"
- Kenny: "It's possible - and though so say it's dishonorable to attack lone traveler's, I say a rich fool can be the cause of much mischief."
- —Kenny Lee briefs his nephew, Huang Lee
Uncle Kenny thinks he knows who stole Yu Jian. He suspects that some rich fool who is with the Spanish Lords is the robber who left Huang Lee for dead. He tells Huang to jack one of his vans and bring it back to his place.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Intercept the dealer's van
- Force the van to stop without pushing it
- Steal the van
- Take the van back to Kenny's warehouse, and watch your back for anyone trying to stop you
- Park the van inside the warehouse
- Cut away the panel to see if the sword, Yu Jian, has been hidden in the van
First of all, the player needs to locate the van. It's in the Meadow Hills area, but once the player finds it, he will need to force it to stop, by either ramming it or shooting at the van, then take it. Quickly drive it back to the flat in East Island City and via the touch screen, cut the panel to search for the sword. Result: No Sword but a book showing recent deals for the Spanish Lords.
Shortly after the completion of this mission, Uncle Kenny will email Huang saying that the rich fool he just hijacked used to own a place in Lancaster in Algonquin. He found the keys to it in the van, and gives it to Huang.
Following this mission, the player can now hijack gang vans and take them to secluded safehouses to search the panels for hidden free drugs. Watch out as the more gang vans the player steals, the bigger the hate they receive from the gang. Also, sometimes the panels will have drugs in them, but others will not. All of the vans that are free for stealing are marked randomly with red arrows, but the vans will speed away if attacked members of the gang will shoot whenever they see the player in it (before raiding).
Mission Replay Description
"Thought a rich buyer was trying to get Yu Jian out of the city, but he was clean.
Still ... discovered that ripping off vans can be a lucrative side job."
- The mission's name is a play on the Latin phrase "Carpe Diem", which means "Seize the Day".