Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I been around long enough to know that there are some things that we don't have a choice about, but there's other times where you have to look at something and make a decision for yourself. I can't follow every order I'm given."
- ―Niko Bellic
Niko meets Phil at a Strip Club in Port Tudor and Phil informs Niko that the Russians have smuggled drugs into the city from Vice City via boat and they haven't unloaded them yet. Niko and Phil get into a truck and drive to the docks in Charge Island. After they arrive, two Russians are waiting and ask Niko and Phil who they are. They both get out the truck and attack the Russians. After a shootout in the Docks, Niko and Phil steal the boats containing the drugs and sail them back to North Holland.
- There are two body armor pickups found in this mission, one inside the boathouse on the floor to the left, and another outside on the pier to the left.
- It is easy to get Bell killed because he will often charge into the open to shoot at the enemy armed only with a Pistol. So it is recommended to stick with Bell or call for Dwayne's back up.
- If keeping Phil alive during the shootout proves difficult, there is a glitch that can keep him safe. As soon as the Russian on the gate tells Niko he doesn't speak English, reverse the truck up onto the grass verge behind Niko. For some reason when Phil gets out of the truck he gets 'stuck' behind the passenger-side door, giving the player plenty of time to dispose of the gunmen.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the truck
- Drive to the boatyard on Charge Island
- Get through the boatyard with Bell
- Go to the coke boat
- Follow Bell to the drop-off point
- Protect Bell from the attacking boats
- Many Rascalov Family gunmen.
- This is the name of a The Ballad of Gay Tony map for Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch, but is not at the same boatyard as this one. This mission occurs mostly on Charge Island, while the TBOGT map is at the Southern Algonquin docks.
- During a conversation between Niko and Phil Bell on the ride to the docks, Phil talks about being "paranoid" and asks Niko twice if he ever saw "choppers in the sky". This is a reference to the mobster movie, Goodfellas; where Henry has a chopper following him, thinks that the cops are all over him, and thinks that his phone is tapped.
- The name of the mission is similar to the 1986 Coca-Cola slogan " Catch The Wave".
- Phil mentions how Niko was helping the Irish cause trouble between the Ancelottis and the Albanians a while back, obviously referring to Gerry's first two missions. The dialogue remains the same even if neither mission has been completed yet.
- While driving the truck, Niko tells Phil "I been around long enough to know that there is some things we don't have a choice about, but there's other times where you got to look at something and make a decision for yourself." This could be Niko alluding to the fact that he has had to make a choice about killing previous characters in the game.
- This mission is notably similar to Arms Out of Harm's Way from Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Both missions happen at the same place and both involve a boat chase. Furthermore, the pickups from the boatyard in GTA IV are exactly the same in GTA Chinatown Wars.