Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Character list pages
I found an inconsistency in some pages that list the characters of a game. I think that it's important that these pages mantain some consistency. For example, they should not include spoilers. I believe that the better of these pages currently is Characters in GTA IV because it includes the basic information of the characters, images of them, classifies the characters and doesn't reveal important or unexpected details of the storyline. The following pages include too many spoilers, some even including the end of the game in the description of a character:
- Characters in GTA San Andreas
- Characters in GTA III
- Characters in GTA Liberty City Stories
- Characters in GTA Vice City
- Characters in GTA Advance
If an specific character page already includes spoilers, there is no reason why a more general approach to all the characters in a game should include the same spoilers. Also, as another user pointed out, these pages are useful for quickly identifying characters, so their whole biography doesn't need to be included in these pages, but an image should. I think we should reach a concensus on the content and style of these pages, that's why I have not started editing them. P.S.: I posted the message here because all those pages are included in this category. --Elwey333 23:56, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree that those pages need serious updating. It would be great if someone can make it to conform to the style of the GTA IV character article.--Spaceeinstein 02:55, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- I can not see the point in 'protecting' people when on the front page is clearly states that there will be spoilers on articles. I know that my opinion means jack on this site and people are against my opinions, but I still think its valid. For those that receive spoilers, in particular for games so old, it really is just tough in my opinion as they should have read the spoiler warning on the sites main page. A-Dust 03:02, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- That's a good point but think about people who don't visit the main page. The first time I got to GTA Wiki, I followed a link to a mission page because I looked up the mission in Google. I guess some people may follow links to character pages or list of characters. Besides, what I believe is the important aspect of these pages is the fact that they list all characters in a game, so one may expect to find general information rather than details.--Elwey333 22:03, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
Another point I wanted to discuss is the possibility of sub-categories. All of the characters are crammed into single categories, and maybe some sub-categories will make it easier to find a particular character. For example, recently pages were created for every criminal on GTA IV's Most Wanted list, so maybe we could create a sub-category something like Most Wanted in GTA IV or just Most Wanted? Other games also include characters that are only mentioned, maybe a category for that too. I'm not sure if anyone else considers this a good idea, so maybe some more opinions should be heard before doing anything. --Elwey333 23:56, 11 May 2009 (UTC)