Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Cats are often encountered roaming around urban areas of Los Santos and Blaine County or sleeping in quieter areas such as alleys. They may also be found sitting on walls and observing their surroundings. Cats are passive and their demeanour is generally calm, mostly ignoring the player, but they may run away if provoked, or if a weapon is fired nearby. There are several different breeds of cat in-game, including Domestic Shorthairs and Persians.
Between one to three cats can always be found outside the 24/7 in Sandy Shores - One will always be sitting on the wall next to the building, while the other two (if they appear) are either wandering around or resting in the alley.
- In the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, the player can play as a cat, along with other animals like dogs and birds, if they consume a peyote plant.
- Because cats tend to run away from the player after spying them, their AI pathfinding often forces them to run into the path of traffic, where they usually die after being struck by vehicles.
- A cat can be heard meowing during the end of the commercial for Pets Overnight in Grand Theft Auto III.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a picture of a white cat is hung on the wall in Carl Johnson's room in the Johnson House, possibly implying that it was at one point the Johnson family's pet. The same cat picture can also be found in other houses in the game, as well as inside the Journalist's apartment in Rockstar's Manhunt.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, inside the apartment complexes in Northwood, North Holland and East Holland, like one next door to Playboy X's Penthouse, there is a missing cat poster with the heading "Have you seen my adorable pussy". It plays on the double entendre that 'pussy' is slang for both 'cat' and 'vagina'.
- Cats (along with dogs) can be sometimes heard in the game's ambiance noises in Grand Theft Auto IV, but they cannot be physically seen in the game.
- In the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, if one plays as Franklin Clinton and is taking Chop out for a walk, cats nearby will run away out of fear.