The Central Los Santos Medical Center serves the southern neighborhoods of Los Santos. It is bordered by Capital Boulevard, Crusade Road, Davis Avenue and Innocence Boulevard, in the eastern side of Strawberry. It is likely based on the LAC+USC Medical Center of Los Angeles.
According to signage, the hospital has departments of Urology, Radiology, Ultrasound, Endoscopy and Medical Physics, as well as an emergency room and a chapel. The hospital is connected to its own parking center via an inaccessible walkway just across Davis Avenue. This carpark is labeled as 'Medical Center Parking' by signs so presumably is for hospital patients use only, rather than general public.
Due to its location in a heavily gang populated area, the hospital is presumably quite busy and is always receiving patients (ambulances will often be seen leaving the hospital on calls). The medical center has gained negative criticism for its bad doctors and healthcare in the TV commercials of the Mount Zonah Medical Center.
- Ambulances spawn frequently on the hospital's parking lot. These can come in several liveries including the generic Mission Row SA livery and the more specific Los Santos Medical Center livery.
- One or two Air Ambulances can also spawn on the hospital's roof, which can be accessed via the ladders (and stairs), though it may take a few visits to spawn.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the player can find helicopters like the Maverick, Buzzard and Cargobob on the helipad after achieving certain ranks.
- One of the 50 spaceship parts can be found on the roof.
- The hospital's logo is the Rod of Asclepius, a serpent-entwined rod that is the symbol of medicine and health care.
- Gang members such as those from the Varrios Los Aztecas and Los Santos Vagos will sometimes spawn on the sidewalks behind the hospital.
- Sometimes, in the enhanced version, when the player re-spawns at the hospital, a Shamal will spawn flying erratically above the hospital.