|Be warned that using cheats may cause unintended side effects and/or hinder game progress.|
Use cheats at your own risk.
This article lists all of the Cheats for Grand Theft Auto V. They can be entered as a button combination like the 3D Universe games or (exclusive to the PS4/Xbox One version) via the phone like in GTA IV. However the player cannot store these cheats on the phone. On the PC version, cheats can be activated by typing into the input bar when pressing ` on the keyboard.
Codes can either be entered during game play or in the pause menu. When activating them in the pause menu the cheat must be activated by pressing start to activate the cheat.
|Spawn Trashmaster||, RB, , RB, , , RB, LB, ,|
|Spawn Stretch||, , , , , RB, LB, ,|
|Spawn Mallard||, , LB, , , RB, LB, LB, , , ,|
|Spawn Sanchez||, , LB, , , LB, , RB, , , LB, LB|
|Spawn Comet||RB, , , , LB, , , , , RB|
|Spawn Armed Buzzard||, , LB, , , , LB, , RB, , ,|
|Spawn Caddy||, LB, , RB, , , RB, LB, ,|
|Spawn Duster||, , RB, RB, RB, , , , , , LB, LB|
|Spawn Rapid GT||, LB, , , LB, RB, , , ,|
|Spawn PCJ-600||RB, , , , , , , , , , LB, LB|
|Give Parachute||, , LB, , RB, , , , , , LB|
|Raise Wanted Level (+1 star per use)||RB, RB, , , , , , , ,|
|Lower Wanted Level (-1 star per use)||RB, RB, , , , , , , ,|
|Explosive Melee Attacks||, , , , RB, , , ,|
|Drunk Mode||, , , , , , ,|
|Fast Running||, , , , , LB,|
|Change weather||, , LB, LB, , , ,|
|Slidey Cars||, RB, RB, , RB, LB, , LB|
|Slow Motion (Can be entered up to 4 times, each slowing even more, fourth time disables)||, , , , , , RB|
|Slow Motion Aiming (Can be entered up to 4 times, each slowing even more, fourth time disables)||, , RB, , , , , ,|
|Recharge Special Ability||, , , RB, LB, , , ,|
Skyfall (Character is warped up to a great height and falls to the ground)
|LB, , RB, , , , , , LB, , RB, , , , ,|
|Invincibility (Lasts only 5 minutes)||, , , , , RB, , , ,|
|Max Health & Armour||, LB, , , , , , , , LB, LB, LB|
|Weapons||, , , LB, , , , , , LB, LB, LB|
|Low Gravity||, , LB, RB, LB, , , LB,|
|Super Jump||, , , , , , , , , RB,|
|Flaming Bullets||LB, RB, , RB, , , RB, , , , LB, LB|
|Explosive Bullets||, , , , RB, , , , , LB, LB, LB|
|Spawn Buzzard Attack Chopper|
|Spawn Rapid GT|
|Raise Wanted Level (+1 star per use)|
|Lower Wanted Level (-1 star per use)|
|Explosive Melee Attacks|
|Slow Motion (Can be entered up to 4 times, each slowing even more, fourth time disables)|
|Recharge Special Ability|
Skyfall (Character is warped up to a great height and falls to the ground)
|Invincibility (Lasts only 5 minutes)|
|Disable Strip Club Accessibility (Next-Gen only, must be used with Smartphone open)||, ,|
|Max Health & Armour||, , , , , , , , , , ,|
|Weapons||, , , , , , , , , , ,|
|Low Gravity||, , , , , , , ,|
|Super Jump||, , , , , , , , , ,|
|Flaming Bullets||, , , , , , , , , , ,|
|Explosive Bullets||, , , , , , , , , , ,|
Cheats have to by typed in a cheat console, activated by pressing "~".
|Spawn Dodo[n 1]||extinct|
|Spawn Duke O'Death[n 2]||deathcar|
|Spawn Kraken[n 3]||bubbles|
|Spawn Rapid GT||rapidgt|
|Change Weather[n 4]||makeitrain|
|Explosive Melee Attacks||hothands|
|Explosive Ammo Rounds||highex|
|Max Health & Armor||turtle|
|Raise Wanted Level||fugitive|
|Lower Wanted Level||lawyerup|
|Recharge Special Ability||powerup|
|Slow Motion Aim||deadeye|
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
On PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of the game, the cheats can alternatively be activated through the protagonist's mobile phone.
|Spawn Dodo[n 1]||1-999-3984628|
|Spawn Duke O'Death[n 2]||1-999-33284227|
|Spawn Kraken[n 3]||1-999-282-2537|
|Spawn Rapid GT||1-999-727-4348|
|Give all Weapons||1-999-866-587|
|Change Weather[n 4]||1-999-625-348-7246|
|Explosive Melee Attacks||1-999-468-42637|
|Explosive Ammo Rounds||1-999-444-439|
|Max Health & Armor||1-999-887-853|
|Raise Wanted Level||1-999-384-48483|
|Lower Wanted Level||1-999-529-93787|
|Recharge Special Ability||1-999-769-3787|
|Slow Motion Aim||1-999-332-3393|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Must be unlocked by completing Sea Plane
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Must be unlocked by completing Duel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Must be unlocked by completing Wildlife Photography Challenge
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Can switch between:
- Extra Sunny
- Unlike GTA IV, cheats will not disable achievements permanently, but only for that game session. This change is likely due to the autosave function in GTA V. Consequently, players need not worry if the game autosaves while cheats are active (for example, if the player accidentally flies under a bridge).
- The cheat combination for the Buzzard Attack Chopper is the same combination for the Rhino cheat in both GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas (with a few buttons modifications).
- When having the Skyfall cheat activated and have a wanted level, the player is unable to turn left or right when flying, and they will also be unable to fly at a possible 90 degree angle towards the ground. This is possibly a glitch (Seen on PS3 and Xbox).
- Crashing into buildings at the right stop will lead to the player glitching into buildings if the invincibility cheat is on, even in the enhanced version (the most notable of which are the FIB and IAA buildings, which can be accessed by crashing into the right stop on the glass roof and the windows used to snipe IAA agents in the mission 'Three's Company', respectively, on older and enhanced versions.)
- When far out in the ocean with the Invincibility cheat on, trying to swim down to the ocean floor will result in the cheat automatically deactivating. The reason for this is presumably because Rockstar hasn't made the ocean floor go on forever, keeping the player from going down any further.
- Activating a cheat during a mission will disable 100% Completion for that mission.
- Some cheats are not available during missions.
- The Player Characters are now able to survive explosions from explosives, exploding vehicles with the character nearby or a vehicle exploded with the character still inside or driving it and falling off from high altitudes if the Invincibility cheat is activated, unlike in GTA San Andreas.
- However, if the player follows another protagonist, the playable protagonist can still be wasted if they are attacked by the protagonist they are following.
- The Invincibility cheat is instantly disabled if the player switches to another character with the Invincibility cheat code enabled.
- When switching to another character, and a switch scene is playing (e.g. Franklin coming out of Smoke On The Water, Trevor seen lying down drunk) and the player quickly enters the Skyfall cheat before they are playable, the in-game camera will still be in place of where the protagonist was standing, and the buildings and structures will lose their texture. After a couple seconds, the in-game camera will usually spawn right behind the protagonist, though it may rarely stay where he was standing until he is killed.
- When the player has a parachute and they enter the skyfall cheat, when the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, quickly tap (PS3) or (Xbox 360). Once the black screen is gone, the protagonist will immediatly open his parachute and can parachute down to the ground.
- There is a glitch where the player deploys their parachute while in skyfall (seen above) with a a 3 or more star wanted level, after a couple of seconds of parachuting, the protagonist will switch to a standing stance while parachuting.
- Activating the slow motion aim cheat may disable the player's special ability (except for Franklin's). The player will not be able to use it until the cheat is deactivated.
- If the player activates the slow motion aim cheat and holds (PS3) or (Xbox 360) while entering a vehicle, the game will remain in slow motion mode, despite the cheat originally affecting only the aim. The slow motion can be then deactivated simply by leaving the vehicle.
- The Flaming Bullets cheats also affects melee attacks on vehicles. If the player melee attacks a vehicle with the Flaming Bullets cheats activated, that vehicle will be set on fire as if it was shot by bullets with the cheat on.
- In the enhanced versions of GTA V, the Skyfall cheat will not work if the Super Jump cheat is turned on.
- If the player enters a weather cheat on and quick save the game, then reload; all of the cheats will be deactivated once loaded, but the weather effect will still be present, meaning if the player completes this process straight before starting a mission, they can complete the mission in their desired weather conditions (even snow) and still get 100% completion on missions, as the game does not recognize any cheats being activated (tested on the PlayStation 4 edition).
- The slidey cars cheat use to be able to make vehicles accelerate faster than normal. If the player upgrades a super car to its fastest speed, the cheat would make it go twice as fast. This was fixed so the cheat is more accurate.