|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Compete with all your Freemode competitors in a mad dash across southern San Andreas. Who will be the first to race or fly through all the designated checkpoints for fame, fortune and reputation?"
- — Rockstar Newswire Description
- "When your Radar lights up with a plentiful number of Checkpoint icons, your objective will be to take to the land, sea or air to collect as many as you can in the allotted time. Before the Event begins, all of the players who want to join in will be directed to an area in Los Santos or Blaine County. Once there, they will then scatter in a mad dash to rack up the most Checkpoints with the aim to win cash and RP bonuses at the top of the leaderboard."
- — Description
A total of 120 checkpoints will appear on the radar, spread out across San Andreas. The objective is simple: collect the most amount of checkpoints in the 6 minute time limit.
Players will be rewarded cash per checkpoint collecting, varying between $200 and $900 each, checkpoints are the same checkpoint icons used in Air Checkpoints, and will be located in back-streets, underwater, high in the sky, on roads, in tunnels, and up hills.
Just like many other Freemode Events, mostly the Freemode Challenges, the top three players with the highest scores will be listed in the gold/silver/bronze interface which appears in the Freemode Challenges, along with their score, the amount of checkpoints left and the time remaining.
The winner of first place will win an additional $3,500 on top of their earnings for the total checkpoints collected. Second place wins [amount], and third place wins [amount].
- Using an armored car is the best option for collecting all the ground checkpoints, as other players are likely to engage on the player while fighting over checkpoints.
- Be ready to step on foot, as many of the checkpoints are in areas where cars cannot reach.
- The mission has received various complaints due to how hard the mission seems to be, as the checkpoints are said to be spread out vastly and hard to reach.